• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Have you ever owned a pre-3DS DS model?

Nope, I always get brand new ones.

The only gaming system I ever got preowned was a Gameboy Advance SP.

yeah I had loads of pre-used Gameboy models and stuff they worked aight I guess but eventually sold most of them. Might have to get an used GBA now though :p

Otherwise I've always tried to get new as for Nintendo things, my PS Vita is used and works fine though.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the title means DS systems from before the 3DS existed... The responses are confusing me.

I have 2 DS Lites that are very very broken. (One is red and the other I don't remember the color because it has had a big sticker cover on it for many years) Too many things went wrong with them. (Touch screen issues, microphone issues, L and R button issues, and the list goes on)

I also have a DSi (It's blue... Cyan? Aqua? I don't know) that was not new when I got it and I've taken better care of it than the DS Lites. (But I also got it after getting a 3DS, heh.)

Yup, I still have my old sky blue DSi with me. Got it way back in 2009 and have many fond memories with it. I don't use it much now but I still sometimes use it to take pictures or doodle on Flipnote Studio.

I got an original DS for Christmas in 2004 (right after release).

I don't really use it anymore. One day several years ago (a year or so before the 3DS was even announced) it fell off of my bed without my knowing and I stepped on it and cracked the top screen. =/ I was able to play Wild World on it for a while since it functions in the bottom screen. However, pretty much all other DS games were rendered unplayable for me. I wasn't able to play Pokemon HeartGold or Black until the 3DS came out in 2011 and I got one. =( Oh well, I'm glad I waited. The other DS models were all a waste of money, and I knew the next generation system would come around and I would be rewarded for waiting.

Last edited:
I had a red ds lite until my mother got a hold of it. So, I bought a black dsi and let her keep the ds lite. Eventually she ended up with my dsi too, lol. When she bought a 3DS XL I got my dsi back. :)

I got the very first DS model when WW came out, then that broke and I got a DSi.

I've had the DS Lite, DSi, 3DS(Luigi's Mansion Edition), 3DS XL(NES Edition), and now a New 3DS XL (Pikachu Edition). I tend to wait to buy new systems until they come out with specicial edition one's that I like x3

Yeah about breaking, Lite always broke on me, either the hinge or the touch screens because they were, too fragile. Glad they fixed that and that you don't need it as much in later years. Don't think I ever had an used DS though... Only used 3ds that worked though.

I have a DS lite, this model: https://goo.gl/XSJMX2

The hinge is broken. The L button too because my little sister threw it to the ground. The buttons need a lot of strength for work, probably because of the dirt. When I get the necessary screwdriver I will disassemble and clean it. The button worked after the hit but with the use it started working worse, so I think I will be able to repair it. Some day :/

I have a pink DS lite still, and I had a pink DSi too but I sold it to have enough for my 3DS

I still have my pink DS lite and my white DSi in their cases in a draw somewhere along with a lot of DS games.

Yep i have a Nintendo DS, black. Still works just fine.

I had a red DS lite, still own it but I can't find the charger so it's useless.

I also had a blue DSi, which I bought about a year after release; I was at summer camp, perfectly content with my DS Lite, even though I'd heard of the DSi, but then I saw some kids playing theirs' and they were using the recording feature and taking pictures. I thought, "omg I need one!" and got it for my birthday a few weeks later. I used the hell out of the recording and camera features. It was so fun for child me to record videos of me talking or singing and then playing them back for some reason. And this was before the iPhone was big so I didn't have one (I was too young anyway), so I was used to using digi-cameras for taking pictures, which were just a hassle. So the camera was revolutionary to me, I could just pull it out and take a (low-quality) picture. I was floored.

About six months after I'd gotten my 3DS, so in the summer of 2012, we had a foster brother. The two of us loved playing Mario Kart, ACWW, and this game called MySims Agents together on my 3DS and DSi, which he used. His old foster family in Kansas decided to adopt him, so when he went to go live with them and I knew I would probably never see him again (I haven't), I gave him my DSi and those games. I hope he enjoyed them.

Long ramble, haha sorry.

It all started with the DS fat. I've used that thing for a couple of years and for a LOT of hours. I remember the bottom screen was all scratched up from playing that much. Mostly Nintendogs and Wild World. Then I bought the ds light. I didn't own the dsi because it seemed redundant and I didn't had the money as a kid. When New Leaf was announced waaaay back I pre-ordered a 3ds. Then I upgraded to the pink 3dsXL. I sold that two years ago and this year I bought the 2ds with New Leaf again.

Waiting for the 2dsXL to release. I really prefer the 2ds over the 3ds, I never play with the 3d effects on anyway.

I used to have a NDS lite, but it uh, bit the dust lol
the top screen has dead pixels everywhere, the touch screen is non-responsive, the d-pad is sketchy, the l-trigger doesn't work... rip

I also have a fully working gameboy advance sp and gameboy color but those are different lol

Back