• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Have you ever owned a pre-3DS DS model?

Espurr

🌟~A New Horizon~🌟
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4323-9711-0528
Love Ball
White Lily
Pink Hybrid Lily
Red Lily
And, if so, which model(s) did you get? OG? Lite? DSi (XL)?
Do you still have it? Do you ever use it?

I personally have owned a red DS lite, a light blue DSi, and a 25th Anniversary Mario Red DSi XL. Of those, I own the latter two, the lite having been stolen shortly before the purchase of the blue DSi.

I bought the original fat one direct from Nintendo a month before release (it was a Club Nintendo promotion), then I bought a white DSLite when that was released. I still use the DSLite though the bottom screen is so well used that touch screen controls aren't as responsive.

I had a light pink Nintendo Lite. I loved it and then spilt water on it causing the screen to go blue. Instead of repairing it, I upgraded and got a 3ds. :)

I had the ice blue ds lite which, being so clumsy, I managed to drop it enough for the entire top screen to fall off. I also had a white dsi but I traded it in.

Last edited:
I have the original silver ds that I put purple stickers on. I still have it because I think its rounded edges make it more comfortable to hold, though I haven't played it in a while.

I've had the original red one(came with Mario Kart), a metallic pink Lite, and I still have a white DSi :)

I had the original one in pink. For some reason the calibration would not sync properly on mine.

The next one I had was the lite one in black. I ended up breaking that one when I got frustrated with catching a Pokemon. It still works but the cartridges won't stay in unless you tape them down.

No idea how my 3ds is still in good condition and works perfectly fine.

I had the black DS Lite and a DSi. The screen won't stay up on the Lite but I still play it for FireRed =u=

I had one of the original chunky DS models in pink, and later I got the white DSi. Oddly enough, every iteration of the DS I've owned has had a dead pixel on one of the screens, it's like a curse. Even my N3DSXL has one but I couldn't exchange it because it's one of the limited edition MM3D ones, and they were out of stock immediately after I got it. It's annoying but I've learned to ignore it, plus you barely see it when a game is running anyway.

The DSi was a fun console, I remember I Ioved the camera feature and always took pictures of flowers and my cat. I should look it out some day. I was always sad that it didn't have a GBA slot though, my only complaint.

I had a white DS lite and a blue DSi. I don't own either anymore.

I bought a DS Lite years back so I could play Pokemon HeartGold after one of my friends brought its existence to my attention. I still use it from time to time, and also like to utilize the alarm clock feature when necessary. I wish the 3DS included that.

Last edited:
When I first seen this, I thought the title was asking if you had a pre-owned Nintendo DS before getting a 3DS, hahaha

I have a Nintendo DS Lite that I got a year before I got my original 3DS. It was a thrift store find and the reason I will perform my own repairs on my Nintendo systems. (I spent $100+ on repairing it because of a faulty touch screen and broken shoulder buttons.) Within the last 6 months, I made a case swap on it adding a matte black shell to the bottom part of the console in place of the glossy black because I hate finger prints and it looks really good and it has encouraged me to use it a lot more since the mod.

I'll come back here and edit in a link to pictures of it later... ;)

Before the 3DS I've only owned a teal coloured old DS. My aunt had the DS Lite so sometimes I played on that :p

I've owned the light pink DS Lite and the teal DSi.
The Lite is currently collecting dust in my storage, with its stylus still missing.
The DSi was unfortunately lost/stolen when I was out and about one day

Sure, I'm usually one to get a new console once it comes out.
My progression so far has been:

Original DS phat > White DS Lite > Original blue 3DS > Galaxy New Nintendo 3DSxl

I lent my original DS to a friend, but they ended up breaking it and haven't shown any sign of returning it. I usually hold on to my old systems cause after a few years go by, it's more fun to play old games on their intended system. I'm kinda upset I don't have an original DS, but I have the lite, so no need to be greedy ~

I had the first-gen DS the big, fat, grey one. Unfortunately, the hinges before during a big move. My fiance packed it without bubble wrap :(

I owned the Red 25th Anniversary Mario DSi XL. It's been years since I played or bought any Nintendo product so I'd called that my "comeback Nintendo console" and that's the same year the 3DS was about to get released. I didn't start collecting until the next iteration.

Yeah, I have a white DS Lite; lots of good memories with that handheld. It's awesome that it can play Gameboy games as well, I've always got either Pokemon Fire Red or Emerald in there. I never did get a DSi and in retrospect I'm glad I just waited and got a 3DS.

Back