• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I wish the weather would adapt to my country

riinasuu

sherb is baby
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
I wish there was like, a way so acnl could adapt to my weather conditions ))^:
It's autumn for me atm, but my game is in spring, and if I wanted to match it up, I'd have to TT to
the end of the year, rip me

unless I'm stupid and there's actually a way to change the settings or something??

Wait, autumn? It's April, where do you live for it to be fall? oO;

They live in the southern hemisphere, so they live someplace like Australia

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, no I don't think there is any way to make your game match the seasons in your hemisphere. :(

i used to think that it'd be awesome for the local weather dictate your in town weather tbh

Wait, autumn? It's April, where do you live for it to be fall? oO;

Australiaaaaaa :^))

- - - Post Merge - - -

They live in the southern hemisphere, so they live someplace like Australia

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, no I don't think there is any way to make your game match the seasons in your hemisphere. :(

+1 for guessing my country correctly

and damn, I feel like Nintendo should work on that ))^:

- - - Post Merge - - -

i used to think that it'd be awesome for the local weather dictate your in town weather tbh

oh, so like connects to your local weather forecast?? yeah that would be cool
but then I'd be worried about the places where it's snowing majority of the time
or is burning like hell, etc

It really is such a shame that weather conditions aren't based on the usual weather from whatever region you're in. But, then again, some places are so big that it varies heavily depending on which particular area you're from, which makes that kind of hard to execute..

Still, you'd think that they'd eventually take the whole southern/northern hemisphere thing into account. Maybe we'll see it in the next game?

This is something I've always wanted, like if you could connect it to a local weather source, it would be amazing. I also live in Australia, it feels weird playing in 'summer' when it's actually pouring with rain outside. That being said, I don't know how it works and it is probably a lot harder than think lol. Im not like annoyed it doesn't exist, because quite frankly, it doesn't matter. Just think it would be cool.

Last edited:
I always felt this would be a really cool option to have, especially for the season/hemisphere situation. But that said, I don't think it should be a compulsory default feature for local weather like rain/sunshine/cloud cover etc to inherently dictate what your town has - when the weather is grey or rainy irl, it often really brightens my day to go to my town and see it sunny and nice. You also have the question of just how closely or permanently it selects your location to do this - it can be raining and grey near my house, but 10 minutes away, relatively dry and sunny. Can the real world location be changed once it's set? Wouldn't constant GPS updates drain battery and require internet access all the time? How accurate can it really be, considering even the most up to date predicted weather through the day for my very specific area of my city can be wrong anyway? Is there a massive point implementing something like this when someone could go visit a friend 15 minutes away and have it easily go out of whack anyway if the exact location isn't updated very frequently? Or when the forecasts just aren't always accurate? There are lots of things to consider even for a feature as seemingly simple as this. I'd love to see it possible, but I feel like given the technology we currently have both for consoles and for reliable weather prediction to very specific locations, it's maybe not worth trying it yet, lest people then get sour because it actually isn't that synchronised with real life anyway.

They really should do something about that hemisphere thing, though.

Yeah, it could do with a hemisphere option. I would suggest offsetting your town's date by half a year... but then that would mess up events.

That would be cool for most people, but here in Florida my poor mayor would die of heat, and never be able to experience cold weather...

The Nintendo systems are region specific, why can't they base off of that to get more accurate weather for different areas?

I live in the north east of the United States. Can you imagine if they accurately portrayed spring? It's 60 degrees today. Tomorrow it's gonna snow. lol

Back