Would you buy items from players who time travel?

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Party Animals 🥳
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Red Balloon
Banana
Green Cotton Candy
Yule Log
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Bee Plush
Frost Easter Egg
Purple Candy
White Tulip
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Since there's already a debate on hacked items, I decided to create a thread on another controversial mean of gaining items, which is through time traveling. While it's an intended feature that isn't breaking the game, some people still consider it cheating as they condemn time travelers as illegitimate players. However, since ACNL is nearly four years old, people should be more accepting of time travelers. While there's a lot of people that don't time travel as they don't like it, only part of these people don't like it when others time travel or sell items they obtained through it.

My question is, would you buy items from other members that obtained their items through time traveling (including ordering from the catalog), or would you steer clear of these people and buy from legitimate players only?

I wouldn't mind buying items from people who time travel in ACNL. In fact, I time travel too.

I time travel on and off but aside from super obvious instances how could you even tell

I mean the same goes for hacking, but this here is even more ??????????

To be honest, I'd think most shoppers would be very hard-pressed to find a seller who didn't time-travel, not impossible though. I've never seen people condemning time-travelers selling things, I mean I've seen people say they'd never TT but not condemn them. I've no issue with buying from TTers and I'm sure I have multiple times already.:p

I've never been upset with TTING or TTERS. I time travel sometimes so guess I'm favor of it .

i don't have any problem with it, i do it myself sometimes - also i think it would be hard to determine if a player really did time travel since the game is a few years old now (most players have probably played through certain events and may have gotten extras of the items available during that time period, even)

and being legitimate is the only true reason against it for the most part, right? (or the fact that you could lose a villager you really like if you're not careful) because it's not like letting a player who time travels give you an item or something, etc, will mess up your own town or own game playing, lol (and that's even a little rare in the cases with those who do cheat or hack too, at least from what i've seen) so yeah, i don't have any issues with it honestly!

I don't think there's somebody who's gonna open a shop and sell items without the help of time-traveling unless they're just gonna sell their trash or a few excess that they don't need :p

I remember when I first started playing ACNL (my first ever animal crossing game), I refused to time travel as I thought it was cheating. I didn't time travel at all for maybe 6 months real time until I got my boyfriend to play it, who immediately began time travelling, and I couldn't come up with any real argument as to how it's cheating.

I don't think it's cheating or makes you an illegitimate player at all; I think it's just a different play style. Sometimes I just want to spend all day playing Animal Crossing but without time travelling, it quickly gets boring after about 2 hours.

Anyway, I don't see why anyone would have an issue with buying items from TTers or TTing in general. I certainly wouldn't care where, when or how they got the items.. I just want the dang items

I remember when I first started playing ACNL (my first ever animal crossing game), I refused to time travel as I thought it was cheating. I didn't time travel at all for maybe 6 months real time until I got my boyfriend to play it, who immediately began time travelling, and I couldn't come up with any real argument as to how it's cheating.

I don't think it's cheating or makes you an illegitimate player at all; I think it's just a different play style. Sometimes I just want to spend all day playing Animal Crossing but without time travelling, it quickly gets boring after about 2 hours.

Anyway, I don't see why anyone would have an issue with buying items from TTers or TTing in general. I certainly wouldn't care where, when or how they got the items.. I just want the dang items

Or maybe time traveling doesn't make you an illegitimate player, but if you don't time travel at all, you would be a purely legit player.

But at least those who got all their copies of unorderable items through time traveling didn't break the game like dupers and hackers.

i feel like if someone has that big a problem with another player choosing to time travel, they probably shouldn't be playing multiplayer lol

Last edited:
Again, I am perplexed by players who have an issue with other players means of enjoying the game. If you tt, if you hack, if you play while standing on your head, that is your business and your business alone. There are no rules to video game play. It is a game. Each person plays as they see fit. This whole idea of setting structures and judging others who do not conform to your personal playing style really bothers me. It's not anyone else business how we play this game or any other game. And if others choose to judge players who hack or tt or reset often, that's not someone I would ever want to play with. It takes the joy out of playing. There are so many other teal world issues to be upset about. AC is a game. Play the game as you enjoy it.

I would have no problem with that. I remember back in my WW days, there were actually game penalties for TTing like what'shername not selling you red turnips (the only kind I liked to buy) so I tired not to TT. But there are certainly times when real life takes over and you miss important holidays and stuff so I would bite the bullet and go back so I didn't miss anything.

I also seem to remember that hacked items might cause problems with your game back then? I never bought any so it was a moot point to me. But that may be where hacking stuff got a bad rep?

I would have no problem with that. I remember back in my WW days, there were actually game penalties for TTing like what'shername not selling you red turnips (the only kind I liked to buy) so I tired not to TT. But there are certainly times when real life takes over and you miss important holidays and stuff so I would bite the bullet and go back so I didn't miss anything.

I also seem to remember that hacked items might cause problems with your game back then? I never bought any so it was a moot point to me. But that may be where hacking stuff got a bad rep?

Yes, I remember ACWW times, where some players treated time travellers as sinners, and they refused to trade or wifi with them lol. WW has seeds which will destroyed players' towns, so the understanding why many resented and feared hacked items and non-legit stuff.

What I fail to understand is why people are so affected by how others play their games. To me, as long as I get the items I wanted, it makes no difference whether they are legit, hacked, duped or time-travelled.

Last edited:
I don't time travel as I like to enjoy the game and not rush. that being said you can't really avoid items obtained through time travel, and now it doesn't really bother me since the items are legitimate and not hacked.

Again, I am perplexed by players who have an issue with other players means of enjoying the game. If you tt, if you hack, if you play while standing on your head, that is your business and your business alone. There are no rules to video game play. It is a game. Each person plays as they see fit. This whole idea of setting structures and judging others who do not conform to your personal playing style really bothers me. It's not anyone else business how we play this game or any other game. And if others choose to judge players who hack or tt or reset often, that's not someone I would ever want to play with. It takes the joy out of playing. There are so many other teal world issues to be upset about. AC is a game. Play the game as you enjoy it.

well put!

Back