• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Weird things that scared you when you were little?

I could never sleep after watching the Lion King when I was a kid. I don't remember being scared during the movie, just when I was trying to fall asleep.

I was scared of age warnings ("The following movie is not suitable for audience under 16..."), though that was probably because of the horror films that would follow.

WHEN I WAS LITTLE, I USED TO BE SCARED OF MY HOME PHONE BECAUSE I THOUGHT WHEN NOBODY WAS HOME, COBY BRIAN WOULD CALL ME AND ASK ME TO GO PLAY BASKETBALL WITH HIM.
CRYINGGG

Trash trucks and motorcycles. I was a weird child. Now I'm a weird adult.

The sound toilets made when they flushed, and dandelions, because my friends and I had this stigma surrounding dandelions that if you even touched one a hoard of bees would be alerted of your sinful deed and track you down and murder you

I'm scared of having bruises because my parents told me that shrimp or any food (that I've just eaten) would come out of it if I ever get one (lol)

When I was in Kindergarten, I was terrified of the Munchers computer game. Every week we would go down to the computer lab to play some educational games, and whenever we had to play this one it scared the hell out of me. I would cry the whole time we were in the lab. It was so bad the teacher had to call my grandma to come to school to figure out what was wrong. My teacher gave her a disk to borrow to take home so that she could play it herself to see what was going on, and that only made it worse. I was so scared these two worms from the game were going to find me and send the Muncher after me that I ran away to my neighbors house for a few hours.

Attachments

• IMG_2298.jpg
    IMG_2298.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 13
I was terrified of escalators when I was young. I always thought I would trip and be sucked into the cracks.
Also the seeds n stringy stuff from the pumpkin. I used to cry nearly every Halloween when we had to carve the pumpkins. Though I'm still scared of it for some reason xD

Back when i was very little in PuertoRico (where we used to live) my parents used to love to watch this TV show, 'La Comay'. But i was TERRIFIED of it, just look at it...

OMMMGGG LA COMAYYY!!!.jpg

But when it ended i kind of felt sad

Back