• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Weird things that scared you when you were little?

I loved dinosaurs as a child, but they also gave me many nightmares lol

I used to be afraid of the water heater in the basement. I also used to be afraid of Redeads from Legend of Zelda. There was a time when I was afraid of televisions when they were only static because of the movie The Ring.

The never ending story gave me nightmares as a kid.

Also, not to so little but when I was in high school that scene from ju-on when the girl is washing her hair in the shower and a third hand appears on her head really freaked me out. Ghost movies or scary movies in general don't really phase me anymore, but that scene really traumatised me especially since my bathroom in my childhood home had an unfixable flickering light problem and the toilet made strange whirling noises and somehow moths always got in... I couldn't shower alone for the longest time and had to make my dog sit in the bathroom with me while I took a shower XD

The golden balls ds game

IMG_0089.JPG
IMG_0090.JPG

Do I even need to explain?

A little piece of unpainted wall that moved every time it was nighttime. When it was daytime, it got bigger somehow and my mom fixed it for me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It looked like a spider, it was moving, but it stayed in the exact spot.

When I was a really smol child, I couldn't see my whole face in this one mirror, I could only see my forehead and that kinda freaked me out for some reason

When I was really young I was afraid of the dog with glowing eyes in the Goosebumps theme song.

I was terrified of Chucky the doll as a kid

And not even because I saw the movie cause I've never actually watched it, just the doll itself scared me I have no idea why

Last edited:
I was terrified of Chucky the doll as a kid

And not even because I saw the movie cause I've never actually watched it, just the doll itself scared me I have no idea why

You should watch them! Two of them are actually comedies. Totally settles you down.

When I was a small little thing of 6 years old... I got a traumatic experience with the movie "Chuckie: The Killer Doll."
I was so afraid of toys and even asked my parents if they could get rid of my sisters dolls at one point. And the first movie of Toy Story did not helped me at all! I mean... who did not get afraid of this other doll?? lol
Like what was Pixar thinking?

toy-story.jpg

I was scared of Squidward from Spongebob when I was in grade two.

I was afraid of the Winnie the Pooh character at Disney World because he had a pot of honey on top of his head with little bees around it, and i was that kid that always got stung by bees at the backyard cookouts and stuff...

Back