• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Introduce me to Amiibos.

Mr. Cat

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ &#
Bells
New Horizons Token
Pastel Disco Ball Easter Egg
Moon Ball
Lucky
Voodoo Doll
Jack
Blue Hybrid Rose
Aurora Easter Egg
Coco
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Hi! I'm a long time player of Animal Crossing, but I never thought I'd actually consider buying some Amiibo characters. My 2 year old has started to LOVE watching me play ACNL and I think I might want to get him some Amiibos to play with for his birthday. I was going to get a $10 villager figure from Walmart, but that's pretty useless when I could get him an Amiibo that has multiple uses..

Questions:
#1) Are they easily breakable or can he actually play with them without breaking them?
#2) I just recently got a New 3DS, do I still need to buy an Amiibo scanner or is that built in to the New 3DS?
#3) Does anybody have a good guide of all of the compatible Amiibo figures and the RV items they get, etc.? I need to figure out which characters are worth it.

Thanks!

Last edited:
1. i think they're pretty sturdy in general, however i can see that the figure could break off of the base? probably unlikely though.
2. the new 3DS has the amiibo scanner built into the system, so you don't need the scanner
3. is this helpful?

Last edited:
1. i think they're pretty sturdy in general, however i can see that the figure could break off of the base? probably unlikely though.
2. the new 3DS has the amiibo scanner built into the system, so you don't need the scanner
3. is this helpful?

Yes, that helps a ton! Thank you so much

If you type on Amazon 'Animal Crossing toys' there is plenty of cheap Japenese Animal Crossing figurine sets for ?7.95, ?16.29 etc, I'm not too sure if there is on the American Amazon, I'm guessing so. Maybe the figurines are a little small for a two year old to play with though? There is plenty of cute plushies too.
I'm not too sure about the Amiibo figures as I just own the cards.

If you type on Amazon 'Animal Crossing toys' there is plenty of cheap Japenese Animal Crossing figurine sets for ?7.95, ?16.29 etc, I'm not too sure if there is on the American Amazon, I'm guessing so. Maybe the figurines are a little small for a two year old to play with though? There is plenty of cute plushies too.
I'm not too sure about the Amiibo figures as I just own the cards.

Hmm, they're a little expensive on the American Amazon, I think they're cheaper in the store. They usually have some price cuts on them, I don't think many people around here play Animal Crossing (I've only gotten about 10 streetpasses since the ACNL release date, lol). I'm going to make him a plush too, I just need to guess which character is his favorite. He seems to like Coco.

Last edited:
Back