• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Smash Mouth's song "All Star"

nintendofan85

Good grief.
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7144-2399-2801
Green Candy
Red Candy
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Ancient Candle
Pumpkin Cupcake
Voodoo Doll
I feel weird even giving a single song a thread, but here's why I do this:
One of my closest friends (we've been friends since 2007) is obsessed with song because it's a meme, and he loves all memes these days. Since the old song "All Star" by Smash Mouth has become a meme, he loves that, and has sung that countless times in the last few months.
By now, I cannot stand the song. Of course everyone knows it's not anything new (it came out in 1999), but I feel like now, in 2017, it's being overplayed. I first heard it in 2006 when I watched an older movie that had come out in like 1999 or the early 2000s, but in 2006, since it was nothing new, no one really cared about it and I didn't care much for it either. However, apparently now it's all over the internet, and can someone please tell my why it got like this?:confused: The song irritates me so much.

Last edited:
It's popular because of Shrek and Shrek memes. I love those memes!

It was never funny, and both it along with all Shrek memes have been dead horses for like 10 years and yet people insist on continuing to beat them senselessly. 10 ****ing years.

shrek memes were once funny
on 2014
its 2017 , your friend should find something new smh

Last edited:
somebody once told me that it was popular bc of shrek. i pity those who still enjoy those memes, but that's what happens with memes; your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb. so much to do, so much to see and people are still listening to all star by smash mouth?

The song was never good. It was always annoying.

A shame it's what Smash Mouth is known for. I actually like some of other songs, which call back to the instrumentation of 60s psychedelic rock.

Last edited:
i literally just listen to kk slider and adele at this point so im not a valid source of music opinions but smash mouth is an okay song

When Shrek first came out and I was a kid I actually liked the song. I don't hate it now; it just gives me nostalgia. It's kinda weird to think of it as a meme

my older brother can play the song on the guitar so he occasionally plays it just to annoy me lmao

What everyone else said regarding the popularity of Shrek. Plus the song is just so ****ing stupid, people find it funny. The fact that it was a one hit wonder featured in an over a decade old movie combined with its popularity in the early 2000's mixed with nostalgia is the reason it is still relevant.

Last edited:
Back