• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Villagers and paintings

All three times Lopez offered me a painting he wanted 7 thousand plus but he only took the money the first time, the others he decided he couldn't take my money and gave me them free. I wish I could buy all the art from him instead of Redd, seems like he has more reliable sources lol.

Is there a way to know before you buy it if it's fake(as I remember in past games you could tell if Redd was selling a fake by what he said to you)
For the record this is the first game you can identify fakes by how it looks ( you couldnt tell the fake or real in old games at ALL )
Just look up what fakes look like

Multiple villagers keep selling me paintings!

Two days ago two different villagers - one cranky one smug - sold me the famous painting (Mona Lisa).
One was fake, one was real!

I'm going to buy every painting for awhile and see if there is any sort of pattern, but mostly it seems random to me.

If someone is working on completing their museum I think it's worth the gamble. One Agrias butterfly is about the same price as what the villagers sell these paintings for. And some of the paintings are never fake. I always buy those. (Check online guides for a list - there is quite a few)

I've looked up that page many times, mostly because the pics in the prima guide are so hard to see. With Redd you can see em before you buy so you can tell if they r fake, can't do that with villagers. Have to buy it to see it. That's why I was hoping it would be like Redd in the old days and the villagers would give verbal cues if it was fake. But the villagers aren't shady like Redd so they probably don't know if it's fake. I'll keep buying as long as they offer cause I need em. :)

Back