• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Villager Discussion: Phil

moonford

moon boi
Peach 🍑
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Ruby
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Leif
latest

Phil is a predominately purple ostrich with a red mask. His wings and tail are brown and golden striped feathers. His beak is white in colour and his legs are white and golden striped. His overall appearance seems to have some connection to a male pheasant, due to his brightly coloured head and brown body. He initially wears a Dawn Shirt.​

Personality: Smug
Species: Ostrich/ Pheasant
Birthday: November 27th (Sagittarius)
Initial phrase: hurk
Initial clothes: Dawn Tee
Home request: A personal micro cosmos
Skill: Beat boxing (Male Pheasants are known to rival other male Pheasants)
Goal: Baseball player (Get it? Pheasants are game birds.)
Coffee: Mocha, The regular amount of milk, Two spoonfuls of sugar
Style: Iconic
Favourite song: Steep Hill

I think Phil is an underrated villager who has a really unique design, like most "Ostriches" e.g Flora, Phoebe, Julia, Sprocket, Blanche, Gladys and Cranston who are based around different species and are classified as Ostriches because having several classifications isn't ideal. I love Pheasants, I love birds in general to be honest, and I'm glad he is in the game...he's smug too which is pretty nice.

Last edited:
i always thought his eyes looked rather nice, but i never made the connection of his goal to being a game bird before! that's pretty clever :)

Oh Phil is one of my favorite villagers in the game! I have a soft spot for the birds in the game and Phil is a staple in my current town. I love his design and his house is very clean. 10/10 would put in my town again.

I'm neutral about his design but I can't dislike a villager whose music is Steep Hill! That's my favorite K.K. song in the game

i always thought his eyes looked rather nice, but i never made the connection of his goal to being a game bird before! that's pretty clever :)

When I was researching him, I thought of the connection. I don't know if it's a coincidence or intentional though. c:

I have Phil in my town and I think he's charming! His house is well decorated and I love seeing him strut about in the flowers. I'm a IRL birdwatcher and really appreciate the different birds that fall under the 'ostrich' category; they're all very unique and add a lot of variety to the game.

Unfortunately Phil moved in before I'd discovered plot resetting, and he's in an inconvenient spot. I'm a fairly easy going mayor and don't plot reset to the extreme (just plonk yourself down somewhere in the south west side of town, folks!), but he's right where I'd planned on placing a PWP near the campsite.

When he pings to move I'll let him go, but I have his Amiibo card and can always invite him back at a later date.

I got along with Phil in my old town. His design looking reminiscent of Falco Lombardi helped.

It's a shame that my 3DS got corrupted, because I think I was close to getting his picture. Oh well.

who

edit: ok so i googled him and he's ugli

Last edited:
I recently moved Phil into my all bird town of Feather. I had never had him as a villager before and I love him! He reminds me of Julien. They have very similar eyes and lashes. And I love his white beak and feet.

I'm considering getting him for my future town! I already loved birds but pheasants were recently added to Meadow, if anyone even knows what that is... that makes me like him even more :)c

Back