• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

should phyllis be meaner?

I think it'd be interesting if they made her meaner again. I'd be down for that.

acnl was my first ac game, so i don't know what she was like before in older games but i always hear folks saying she used be meaner... i'm always down for a good roast session :p

I kinda like the idea of her getting with Pete in the next game. I'd hate to see her really kind to everybody, 'cause she's just not that kind of person, but it would be sweet to see her open herself up to someone.

Convinced she's the person in the Zipper suit as well.

I love her now, but she was such a nice in the pool of super cute chars int he previous games. #RoastMePhyllis

Yes, I liked her better when she was meaner. She is always stuck with the night shift, she should be annoyed about it. Resetti is not as fun either. My favorite was the one where he would talk really slow and you couldn't skip it. Then he would say "Do you want to know how many times you just pressed the A button?" He got so mad if you picked "Tell me!" lol

"Mean" characters being nicer in this game makes perfect sense since youre the mayor. why would phyllis be openly a jerk to the guy in charge? she might think you could get her fired and run out of town. I mean, mayor characters now have the power to kick out villagers in favor of RV campers thanks to the Welcome amiibo update too.

it would be interesting if mean characters were more jerk-ish to non mayor players but i choose to believe that since you became mayor its against the law to be mean to humans.

I agree with everyone who says the villagers are too nice in this game, but like Pyon said above, maybe the reason is because your character is the mayor. Or it's because parents complained when their small children got upset at being yelled. Personally I think it's the latter but the former is a good theory, too.

I'm thinking in the next game it would be nice if you could select a "level" to start from. Some example ideas:

Wealthy Mayor (easy mode) : Start with 500,000 bells, 100% approval rating, and 75% friendship with villagers who start in your town and move ins have 50% friendship.

Fresh Face (medium) : Start with 10,000 bells, 50% approval rating (and you must complete a quest to become the mayor in the first place), 50% friendship with characters who start in your town and move ins have 25% friendship.

Settling Traveler (hard mode) : Start with no bells, 0% approval rating (and you have to complete a quest to become the mayor in the first place), 25% friendship with characters who start in your town and move ins have 0% friendship.

In hard mode the villagers could be like they were in the original Animal Crossing. The more they gain friendship toward you the nicer they become. Once hitting 100% they are as nice as they are in New Leaf.

Back