• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

should phyllis be meaner?

carp

happy go lucky
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Coco
Mint
cause i think she should roast you every second you dare to be inside the post office past 8pm or whatever but thats just my vibe

how bout you? do you like the new acnl passive aggressive phyllis?

Yeah, I miss her old personality from the older games. she just doesn't have as much charm anymore. In a game where everyone is cutesy and polite, Phyllis was a welcome addition tbh

Yeah, tbh I feel this isn't just a problem with phyllis, but also with cranky and snooty villagers. A lot of the meaner characters have gotten much nicer in acnl and I think that kinda takes away from the fun and diverse personality of the game. I mean I guess similar to the resetti situation, they may have made characters less mean to avoid making kids feel bad or scared, but I feel like a balance could be struck. Like make characters "rude" rather than outright antagonizing, but still keep their personality intact. Sorry for the ramble, this is one of my main gripes with New Leaf despite loving it for the most part

I've only ever played ACNL and I thought Phyllis was already pretty mean! But it would be nice if they upped the meanness of Cranky/Snooty villagers.

At the very least they should have an option to turn on/off meanness if they are worried about kids getting upset over it.

Have you ever went into the post office and made the sorrow emotion on front of her? Try it.

Last edited:
I think she should be reverted to how she was before.

I mean, without the rudeness, she isn't Phyllis. :p

Give Resetti this treatment as well plz.

"what could you possibly need to mail off at 1 IN THE MORNING" yes i need more sassy phyllis dialogue please. it would be even better if they really sugar coated pelly and made her even more nice

Her and Resetti should be meaner. It's a shame they tuned their sass down. I love getting sassed by both of them in Wild World.

I'm surprising even myself by saying this, since I usually have plenty of sass to go around myself and do prefer a wider variety of personalities in games like AC, but I prefer that they toned down both Resetti and Phyllis - but only because I really, really don't like either of them. There's sass/having some bite in your personality, and then there's just being rude, which I found both of them, and it irritated me tbh. I can totally get why people would prefer they still had more edge than they have in NL though.

I think a lot of the characters are wayyyyy too nice. I agree Phyllis should be much meaner, but so should snooty and cranky villagers. Villagers dialogue is really boring once you hear a few lines. :(

definitely, ngl even though she was the sassiest pelican around it was still funny to see what she'd roast you with like remember when she'd lie and tell you that you had a ton of bells in your bank and then be like jk you're poor

Phyllis and the snooty villagers should be meaner. I'm sure the dialogues would be much more hilarious to me when that happens :)

Have you ever went into the post office and made the sorrow emotion on front of her? Try it.

I'm going to go do this now! I'm assuming it'll make her happy

I really preferred that they're nicer. Phyllis being mean is the reason why I would not go to the post office at night.

Yeah, animals have gotten nicer, but the online community hasn't (referencing Club Tortimer).

Last edited:
Back