• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you dislike it when...

AnimalCrossingPerson

Please respect GDPR
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
New Horizons Token
20 Envelopes
Red Candy
Red Candy
Winter Mittens
Lucky
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
...people split what should be the thread title across the title and post body?

I dislike it, but it probably gets a click more often because I know it might be of interest, unlike a thread where the title is done in a normal manner where I know almost for definite beforehand if it is of interest or not.

Yeah it annoys me sometimes, but I'm pretty sure it's just clickbait (or that's what I like to tell myself). Usually when I see these I'll just drag the cursor over the thread title to get an idea of what the thread is about and ignore if I'm not interested.

Last edited:
I think it's fine for casual emails and forum threads, but I don't like it in more "professional" settings such as news articles or emails from businesses or coworkers.

I don't like it when you go to the site and the article is a multiple-page thing that you have to keep clicking to read the whole thing. Pretty sure they do that deliberately so you click on all their links.

I don't mind it at all on forums and stuff, though.

No it doesn't bother me on the forums you can click in and out of a thread within seconds if the thread topic doesn't interest you.
It's not that hard.

It's annoying for me. I'm lazy and don't want to load more pages than I need to. I usually don't view those threads.

Ehh it's a bit of a pain alright but I don't really mind it. I click on most new threads anyway so I guess the result is the same at the end of the day

sometimes yes. But I don't really care tbh

Sometimes, but what really gets me is when people barely elaborate on the title in the OP. It's more of an organizational annoyance to me.

Nah, I can always just hover over the thread title and see the rest of it like others have said. What bugs me more is when people post threads that are just videos/news links/whatever with no context or anything. :l

yes a bit but i usually hover over the thread and read what the full title is b4 clicking

Same here. I always hover over the title to finish reading it. If I'm actually interested, I'll click on it to finish reading the whole post.

Back