• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you wear glasses?

Do you wear glasses?

• Total voters

moonford

moon boi
Peach 🍑
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Ruby
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Leif
Do you wear glasses? If you do, do you like them or do you wish you could see clearly without them?

Last edited:
I wear glasses and I prefer them much more over contacts. I wish I could see clearly without them because it's kind of a pain walking around at water parks with blurry vision and cleaning them off all the time.

Yes glasses are kind of more stylish and creative nowadays. It makes choosing a pair more fun with all those varieties and color choices

I wear glasses, and while I wish I could see clearly without them, years ago I used to want contacts instead, but I hated trying to learn to put them in and found them annoying, and now I love my glasses and would never want contacts.

Yes, I wear glasses and a lot of the time people agree that they suit me but I still continue to wear my contact lenses. Only, I've recently been suffering from dry eyes which make the lenses feel so uncomfortable. Really, I have just ended up wearing my glasses a lot of the time.

I do not wear glasses. By the looks of the poll, it seems like a lot of people do nowadays. They've definitely gotten better looking over the years and there are some glasses that I'd definitely choose if I had to wear them. I hope I don't though cause they seem annoying to deal with.

Some people look absolutely stunning in glasses.

Yep. I've worn glasses ever since I was six years old. I used to hate them as a child until I was older where stylish ones began to be the norm. I've considered contacts every so often, especially for Halloween or cosplaying but because of my astigmatism, they'd be a pain to buy every time. I'd definitely like to buy different color glasses sometime. It'd be fun to coordinate outfits and such. :)

I've worn contacts for years and years now. I got glasses to wear instead of contacts sometimes, too, a few years ago. I never considered glasses originally as I was already working as an educator and relied too much on my peripheral vision to adapt to something that restricts it.

I don't mind wearing glasses, I certainly don't mind how they look (on myself or others), but I still loathe the lack of full peripheral vision. I mainly wear the glasses at home, but I do wear them out depending on what I'm doing. I would only wear them to work in an emergency as I found glasses to be an infuriating hinderance when I've had to wear them before. I also dislike how restrictive glasses can be (resting my head to the side is a careful manoeuvre wearing glasses, but not with contacts, for example), how they can steam/fog up, how easily dirt and grim accumulates, and that I cannot wear my normal sunglasses with them. I've got a pair of Minions (kids frames) glasses and a more responsible (boring) metallic purple pair (teens frames) currently. I like how much choice there is for frames these days, and that there are various sizes made.

I wish I could see perfectly without glasses or contacts. Unfortunately my short-sightedness is getting worse (as it generally does), and I've been wearing multifocal contacts for years and it looks like I'll be doing so for the foreseeable (punny!) future.

i have a pair i wear sometimes just for fun. i hate when people get mad at me for wearing them though, thats not fair. i like the wide framed ones

Yeah for seeing close, and I think everyone wishes they had perfect vision lmao.

Although I like how protected my eyes are with the blue tint for electronics

Yeah. My glasses are pretty cool. I have a simple pair of square golden frames for everyday wear ad a fancier, cat-eyed one that's pink and beige with transition lenses (lenses that get darker in the sun) to wear in the summer instead of regular sunglasses.

I'm nearsighted btw. I used to be jealous of people with perfect eyesight, but not anymore. Not since I started seeing how many beautiful glasses frames I can choose from B-)

Yep, since about November I'd say? It's really not too drastic a difference with/without them but I will say they've helped a bit. The ones I have are a bit small for my face but I still like them

I have glasses, but I wear contacts 99% of the time. I like my glasses but I find contacts more comfortable.

I'm really blind without them and I wish I didn't need them. It's hard to suck up the cost of $400 just for the lenses of glasses

Last edited:
No, but I do have a pair for distance that I need for class (and driving when the time comes). A few years ago I realised I could no longer see the board from far back in the room without squinting, so I figured I should get a prescription. It helps but I really don't like wearing them since I'm not used to it, they annoy my face and can actually give me a headache if I wear them for too long, but being able to see distant things clearly again is great. I'd prefer contacts but I've never looked into them, I should do that if it gets even worse.

yes but I've been wearing contacts for about a year and I love them but on days when my skins bad or if I'm not going out the house I just wear my glasses

I'm meant to wear glasses for computer work, reading, driving, and things like that, but I don't actually have to 24/7 as I just have minor shortsightedness. I end up wearing them almost all the time though because it's just such a hassle carting around a case and cleaning cloth everywhere I go just in case I end up needing them, and it seems so silly to keep taking them off and putting them on - it's probably way more likely they'll get damaged or lost that way, may as well just keep 'em on my face.

I can wear contacts instead and definitely preferred them on days when I had archery, for example, but they tire my eyes really quickly even once I've been wearing them regularly for a couple of weeks. I'm planning on wearing them for my graduation, though, since I just don't like how much the styles of glasses I like for day-to-day wear can sometimes end up obscuring my face in photos, but that's definitely not a day I want to be squinting at anything. There's definitely a difference between how things look on a real-time, living, 3D face and how they will look in photos, so it's worth considering if you're buying glasses!

I have noticed lots of my friends need them now - not 24/7, though. Most are like me and have been advised to wear them for reading, driving or screen work at the least, and all the time if they wish. I think they've just gotten better at detecting and making glasses for more precise and/or minor prescriptions, so more people end up finding out they may need them for some activities when they might never have picked up on it or realistically been able to address it say thirty years ago.

Yep.

I wear glasses, and it doesn't seem so bad. :eek:

Back