Brush Your Teeth Before or After Breakfast?

After breakfast, if I eat one.

I brush my teeth before going to bed, use mouthwash, floss, interdental brushes, drink water, etc which take some time. The morning after I drink more water, then juice and after breakfast, I brush my teeth. I always brush my teeth after eating. If I were to brush my teeth before breakfast, which happens sometimes, I would also brush them after.

before! i usually dont eat breakfast at breakfast time,,
so mint for breakfast, breakfast for lunch​

Well I do after every meal and before bed and I floss every day at least twice, and I see a hygienist and dentist every six months minimum so I'm 25 and the only dental problems I've ever had are mild older cavities that were filled before they became damaging and after the 8 to 10 years childhood when I had totally better hygiene habs, y'know?

I'm really obsessed with appearance and hygiene and when I figure out someone, especially a partner when they actually had the means for good habits because if you're a well off person it looks like you're a huge slob and I totally refuse to be seen with a heathen child because image is everything (that's an exaggeration to be silly, but it def grosses me out because your teeth health is largely a correlation and sometimes even an indicator to cardiac health, among other things.) If someone can't afford the care they should have, that awakens angry communist idealist mode me and I'm more annoyed with society than anything else.

Last edited:
Usually before, I like to brush them as soon as I wake up and I often don't have breakfast till I'm at school. I just keep gum or mints with me so my mouth can feel all minty again after I eat!

After because I have to live with retainers and brush after every time I eat :(
Well at least it helped my teeth get way whiter and cleaner over the past few months lol

Usually before, I like to brush them as soon as I wake up and I often don't have breakfast till I'm at school. I just keep gum or mints with me so my mouth can feel all minty again after I eat!

I forgot about that, I do chew gum also, esp after I had garlic lol love me some garlic.

After. Don't like having the toothpaste taste in my mouth when I'm eating something.

I prefer brushing my teeth after breakfast. And after each meal actually. It's better to brush your teeth after you eat something because the brushing becomes more effective. I really care about my teeth and try to use only natural teeth care products. Even my bamboo toothbrush is fully organic. I don't like using plastic stuff because it's not good for enviroment.
View attachment 221821

feel like this guy joined the forum just to bump this topic and brag about how good he is at keeping his teeth clean

Back