• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Brush Your Teeth Before or After Breakfast?

I brush my teeth after breakfast. If asked my opinion as an educator (which happens surprisingly often), I give the advice I've gotten from my own dentists and the visiting ones to my workplace over the years : after breakfast is more helpful than before breakfast, but anytime is preferable to not brushing at all.

I don't really understand why someone would brush their teeth before bed and then first thing in the morning before eating again. That seems rather pointless to me. I don't care if someone does it that way, but I'm not going to personally unless I'm eating breakfast out and haven't eaten something small at home first (which is very rare as I need to eat after my meds).

definitely after breakfast. i once brushed my teeth before breakfast and it left an awful taste in my mouth pretty much the whole day

After breakfast. If you choose before, I bet that's why people ask if you have bad breath.

I always brush my teeth after breakfast. I can stand having bad morning breath and I don't see the point in brushing before breakfast lol

all this brushing discourse is making me consider converting

I don't eat breakfast, so I guess I'd say after lunch? I work in the afternoons, so I tend to brush my teeth before work then before bed at night. *shrug*

I actually don't brush my teeth before or after breakfast, just the night before I sleep. It's never been a routine of mine I guess I should start though! Helps keep the bacteria and tar from building up ectect

After , if you do it before its like if you shower and then you go and get dirty in every way possible

before. i don't really eat in the morning anyway lmao

after breakfast, i don't feel right if i leave the house without that minty feeling

Food makes plaque

You're supposed to use mouthwash after you brush, that'd mean delaying breakfast and I am not about that!

(Also I just don't use it because the aftertaste is bad)

Oh what
That's awkward lmao

Maybe I'm thinking about something else haha

After breakfast. I brush my teeth before I leave my house. Otherwise your food tastes all weird?

After breakfast. I will never understand people who brush their teeth before breakfast - what's the point? I thought the point was to have minty fresh breath and clean teeth, at least until I eat again. :p

Back