• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Brush Your Teeth Before or After Breakfast?

Corrie

I hear the secrets that you keep...
Peach 🍑
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Pink Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Yellow Balloon
In the morning, do you brush your teeth right when you get up or do you eat breakfast and then brush them? Or do you have another type of teeth brushing schedule?

What's your reasoning behind your method?

I don't brush my teeth in the morning. only at night. Is that an answer?

BEFORE. Who wants to ingest everything going on in your mouth from overnight by eating breakfast first?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't brush my teeth in the morning. only at night. Is that an answer?

:(

Lol, I have to be at work by 5am so I brush my teeth before breakfast. I usually eat breakfast at work. :)

Before, when you get ready in the bathroom. :rolleyes:

i have to be out of the house by 7 and it takes me an hour so i usually just brush my teeth and grab a granola bar if i even have time. i don't see the point in eating then brushing if you're just going to eat something else later. plus you're gonna brush your teeth at night :p

After, otherwise my breakfast tastes like mint and it's bad

After, otherwise my breakfast tastes like mint and it's bad

Also what kind of monster goes out* of the house with breakfast breath? I'm shocked at these answers but I suppose I shouldn't be because my husband eats breakfast after brushing his teeth.

I couldn't do it. I brush my teeth after breakfast just before leaving the house. I like my teeth to feel minty fresh before work.

Edit: Ya'll need to brush your teeth thoroughly before bed and you won't wake up with a gross tasting mouth so your breakfast won't be tainted.

Last edited:
Also what kind of monster goes out* of the house with breakfast breath? I'm shocked at these answers but I suppose I shouldn't be because my husband eats breakfast after brushing his teeth.

I couldn't do it. I brush my teeth after breakfast just before leaving the house. I like my teeth to feel minty fresh before work.

Edit: Ya'll need to brush your teeth thoroughly before bed and you won't wake up with a gross tasting mouth so your breakfast won't be tainted.

yall i didnt say anything about gross tasting mouth i'm talking about bacteria

arguably the same thing bye

Last edited:
yall i didnt say anything about gross tasting mouth i'm talking about bacteria

Bacteria that grows over night in a clean mouth is fine. If anything consuming them will help your immune system. I guess if you sleep with your mouth open its different but your own bacteria growing overnight is probably good to injest. I mean, you probably swallow spit when you wake up before you brush right? All that bacteria is already in you

Also my thoughts are "what would be the point in doing it before if I'm just gonna consume something 5 minutes after and get my mouth dirty again" so

It depends but I usually brush in the morning about 20-30 min before breakfast. You're supposed to wait at least 30 min after you eat to brush iirc.

Also my thoughts are "what would be the point in doing it before if I'm just gonna consume something 5 minutes after and get my mouth dirty again" so

You'll eat again at some point in the day tho right, so unless you brush your teeth 50 times a day :confused:

You'll eat again at some point in the day tho right, so unless you brush your teeth 50 times a day :confused:

Sure but 1. The time between me brushing my teeth and me having lunch is quite a while and 2. I want them to be fresh when I leave the house

But I mean food and plaque are different things

Last edited:
Sure but 1. The time between me brushing my teeth and me having lunch is quite a while and 2. I want them to be fresh when I leave the house

Fair point but consider this: mouth wash

Definitely both. I hate the feeling of my teeth not being clean.

But I mean food and plaque are different things

Food makes plaque

Fair point but consider this: mouth wash

You're supposed to use mouthwash after you brush, that'd mean delaying breakfast and I am not about that!

(Also I just don't use it because the aftertaste is bad)

Last edited:
It depends but I usually brush in the morning about 20-30 min before breakfast. You're supposed to wait at least 30 min after you eat to brush iirc.

Wait, why is that?

Back