What's in a dreamie?

Nanabells

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Poptart Easter Egg
Apple (Fruit)
As someone who has no dreamies (because they're all the same to me, to be honest) I'm curious: what made you decide this one villager was your dreamie? Is it just the looks, did you have history from way back when, was it the personality (although there's only like 6 or 7 personalities), did you guys have a personal connection? Do enlighten me!

The first dreamie I had was Melba, just because normal is one of my favourite personalities and she's really cute!

Well my first dreamie was Static and Kidd. They were both starters in my town and I've always thought they were nice. Kidd left after only a few months, but Static is still a villager I still have. He's a dreamie to me because I love purple and cranky types. Plus he always sends letters about us being best friends.

I got ACNL for my 8th (or maybe 9th) bday and I was still a little girl. In the group of my first villagers there was the normal cat, Mitzi. I loved her more than any of the other villagers. One week, I went on vacation with my family and didn't bring the game. In the time I was gone, MITZI MOVED AWAY! I think it was because I talked to her way to much that she left town. I was super sad and wondered why she left (again, I was 8 or 9 at the time) She is still my number 1 dreamy to this day. Does anyone relate?

For me a dreamie is just a villager that I find aesthetically pleasing, as well as one that I just enjoy having in my town. I don't see villagers as all the same even despite a small number of personality types. I have a couple peppys in one town, and while they do say the same things sometimes, they're still all different to me, if that makes sense. It's just villagers that make me happy to talk to, that fit in with my town, and I like to look at.

I got ACNL for my 8th (or maybe 9th) bday and I was still a little girl. In the group of my first villagers there was the normal cat, Mitzi. I loved her more than any of the other villagers. One week, I went on vacation with my family and didn't bring the game. In the time I was gone, MITZI MOVED AWAY! I think it was because I talked to her way to much that she left town. I was super sad and wondered why she left (again, I was 8 or 9 at the time) She is still my number 1 dreamy to this day. Does anyone relate?

Awww, thanks for sharing your story! AC:NL is my first AC game, so I don't really have any, um, childhood connections or cute stories with any of the villagers. Thanks for sharing yours!

Awww, thanks for sharing your story! AC:NL is my first AC game, so I don't really have any, um, childhood connections or cute stories with any of the villagers. Thanks for sharing yours!

Your welcome! I love sharing! (unless its with food :p) AC:NL is also my first AC game since I am still relatively young.

Last edited:
For me my dreamies are connect with, most of my dreamies are animals who appeared in nearly every town I wind up resetting (i.e Olaf, Phil, Shep, etc.) or they are ones who I just absolutely adore. Even though they are pretty much the same thing. Some of them click with me (like Francine/Rod) and some don't for some reason or another (like Friga.)

When I got my first copy of the Gamecube AC. I saw Punchy on the cover and he was just the cutest thing and I've always wanted and loved him since. Such a cute little lazy cat.

For me my dreamies are connect with, most of my dreamies are animals who appeared in nearly every town I wind up resetting (i.e Olaf, Phil, Shep, etc.) or they are ones who I just absolutely adore. Even though they are pretty much the same thing. Some of them click with me (like Francine/Rod) and some don't for some reason or another (like Friga.)

I feel the same about some villagers 'clicking' and some not. I mean, everyone seems to LOVE Julian, but I never really enjoyed being around him. I would prefer someone like Annalisa or Peaches, even if no one really appreciates them.

I feel the same about some villagers 'clicking' and some not. I mean, everyone seems to LOVE Julian, but I never really enjoyed being around him. I would prefer someone like Annalisa or Peaches, even if no one really appreciates them.

Heh I was the same way with Julian, maybe next time~
Oh Peaches is a treat though, I need to put her in my town for a while :)

Same here! I've had a lot of the "popular" villagers (Marshal's actually in my town right now!) but I never really saw their appeal. The closest thing I have to a dreamie is Baabara, who's one of the lowest-tier villagers.

Last edited:
Same here! I've had a lot of the "popular" villagers (Marshal's actually in my town right now!) but I never really saw their appeal. The closest thing I have to a dreamie is Baabara, who's one of the lowest-tier villagers.

Ya and I don't really like the idea of tiers either. It is supposed to show how many people like a certain villager, but it has turned into a system that is used to see which villagers have a higher status and which are just "trash"

Mint and Bunnie were both my besties in Wild World so they HAD to be my dreamies. The rest are ones that looked cute. C:

All of my dreamies are villagers I had in previous towns and really liked. 9/10 of my villagers are ones that I met in my first town ever (the 10th was from my second town ever)! So it's basically all about nostalgia for me.

i don't have much of a story but i got my first game in 2013 and it was my first experience with animal crossing in general, and the minute i saw punchy i just knew i had to have him lol :) i really like just about all of the cat villagers but there was something about him that really clicked with me, and i'll never forget when i finally got him to move into my town for the first time!

Most of mine were from looks especially Tiffany but the icing on the cake was the snooty personality. I saw Julian and had to have him. Fuchsia was a random move-in when I first began and loved her. So yeah it starts with animals that appeal to you then you get drawn in by personalities.

i base my dreamies off what their appearances are. until nintendo somehow makes every villager diverse in some way other than appearance this won't change especially since i know there are specific groups of personalities. maybe when i was little i would have had one specific villager i loved regardless of appearance but i can't remember. maybe in the next game they'll make the personalities different so they stem off farther than just one group and make them groups within groups :p

For me it's primarily aesthetics with a dash of nostalgia for some. My dreamies are primarily ones that I find aesthetically pleasing (Ankha, Marshal, Marcie, Flora, Merengue, etc.), but I also have a soft spot for certain villagers I've had in many towns over the years who aren't quite dreamies for me, but I'm always happy to have around (Olivia, Tangy, Kiki, Tad, Tybalt, Cally, etc.).

Back