• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favourite insect, fish and deep sea creature?

moonford

moon boi
Peach 🍑
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Ruby
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Leif
I really love the honey bee, squid and sea slug in New Leaf.

I don't think people really pay attention to these little beans so I thought it would be interesting to see peoples favourite of each type of creature in this game. So let me know. c:

Last edited:
Birdwing butterfly is my favorite insect.
Koi or the Seahorse is my favorite fish.
As for the deep sea, hmm, either the Octopus or the Scallop. Not sure.

My favorite bug is the dung beetle.
My favorite fish are the football fish and piranha.
My favorite undersea creature is the isopod.

insect - raja b, i love its pretty wings

fish - catfish, i caught a catfish! do you think it has nine lives? it cracks me up every time :)

deep sea creature - chambered nautilus, because it is equally interesting yet terrifying

Fish ~ Angler/Football Fish <3 I love that thing to bits!
Bug ~ Hmm, I guess... i like the Oak Silk Moth the most, honestly. That and the fireflies.
Deep Sea ~ This is hard, but I always like finding the spotted eels. I don't know why. They're so adorable. They rival with the Spider and Snow Crabs. <3

I would say fave insect would be the tarantula
Fish... toss up between frog and turtle
Deep-sea would be nautilus

I would say fave insect would be the tarantula
Fish... toss up between frog and turtle
Deep-sea would be nautilus

I prefer the scorpion over the tarantula. I like it for some reason, although the tarantula looks floofy.

Also the frog and turtles are hard to pick from too, since they are totes adorbs. XD I want all deh froggehs and turts.

And Deep sea Nautilus. Reminds me of the helix fossil.... and Omanyte and Omastar. haha. I know they are based off that creature, but still. Man. XD

My favorite insect is the orchid mantis. I would love to see one in real life.

My favorite fish is the barred knifejaw. I don't know what it is, but when I catch one it is always a nice surprise that it is not a mackerel since they are about the same shadow size lol. And I love the stripes!

My favorite deep sea creature is any of the crabs because they are SO hard to catch! I also LOVE getting a scallop because then I get to hang with Pascal a little bit.

Favorite fish: The Butterfly fish (The cute yellow one)
Favorite bug: The bell cricket
Favorite deep-sea: The starfish

insect; snail
fish; crucian carp or frog
deep sea; octopus or that rly big salmon coloured crab

Favorite fish: The Butterfly fish (The cute yellow one)
Favorite bug: The bell cricket
Favorite deep-sea: The starfish

I haven't caught a butterfly fish yet, I love those little things too!

My faves:

Fish: popeyed goldfish/frog
Insect: spider/tarantula
Deep sea: spider crab

Edit: I CANT JUST PICK ONE

Last edited:
I love all the Butterflies

I like the Goldfish. Perfect pets!

Starfish are so cute. I have one in my bathroom called Patrick

My favorite insect is the orchid mantis. I would love to see one in real life.

My favorite fish is the barred knifejaw. I don't know what it is, but when I catch one it is always a nice surprise that it is not a mackerel since they are about the same shadow size lol. And I love the stripes!

My favorite deep sea creature is any of the crabs because they are SO hard to catch! I also LOVE getting a scallop because then I get to hang with Pascal a little bit.

Same on all so much! Orchid mantis!!!

I especially like hanging with Pascal - he's got such a chill vibe seeing him always makes my day

I've really gotten to enjoy the eels in the river - and ribbon eels are so pretty.

For bugs.. I think Walking leafs and Fireflies are pretty cool. Orchid mantis' too! Geez, it's really hard to pick. XD;
Fish... Catfish? I really love the Sea Butterfly too.
Deep sea diving.. gonna have to go with the Horsehair Crab.

Bug: Honeybee
Fish: Giant Snakehead (Took me forever to find)
Deep see dive: Spider crab

Insect: Cricket! or all the bells.. uhh I mean beetles

Fish: Tie between clown fish and whale shark

Deep-Sea: Chambered nautilus because they constantly bump in to things IRL cause they have bad vision

Back