• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

🐝 Bee Appreciation Thread 🐝

no theyre not cute, no bugs or insects or w/e are cute but i'm not afraid of them bc bees dont hang around humans like wasps do and thry wont rly hurt u so yay

Bees are super cute! No wasps and yellow jackets can go die in a hole. But I love bumbles and normal honey bees.
here is a cute bee friend I took a picture of
bumblebee_by_kittyeatssouls-d49y9y5.jpg

Yes, they're the only bug I actually like besides roly-polies (even though roly-polies are technically not a bug).

Bees are cute imo but flying insects startle me, like butterflies, but I'm trying to learn to chill around them :D

Bees are cute.
Things that people mistake for bees are not cute.

I love many bugs! Sometimes I just stop to crouch down and look at the plants and find little bugs hiding in them. Idk it takes me a good 10 minutes before I get back on track. I'm so easily distracted. ; v;
Sometimes I find fuzzy catterpillars (the ones that make you itch when you touch them) and cockroaches and when people freak out and order me to kill them, I go, "Hell no. What did they every do to you to deserve death?" So I just either shoo them away to other places (like cockroaches) or carry them on a flat surface (in the case of other "creepy" crawlies like the fuzzy catterpillars) and return them to plants/soil where they belong. I once found an earthworm wriggling dry on the hot sidewalk, and I felt extremely bad that I held it and carried it back to moist soil. I watched it recover then burrow down. ^^
On the topic of bees, I love watching them! Around our Biology building, there are vines with many flowers and it's amusing to watch the bees enter one flower then buzz to the next. I freak out with wasps though, but when I'm brave I try shoo-ing them away. When I'm scared I just kinda cower in a corner. Wasps always enter our class bc of the abundance of flowers around the building and the open windows heh. ; v;

I like bees in theory. I recognize their importance to the ecosystem and that they're dying in alarming numbers but if one somehow gets inside, I bolt. I've never been stung and I'd like to keep it that way. When I see them outside, I generally avoid them. They are cute though.

I'm glad to see this thread is still relevant. It makes me happy, thank you all. :blush:

Honeybees are wonderful and fantastic creatures! Carpenter bees and can go die in a bottomless pit

Carpenter bees don't make honey so they're not useful like honeybees. They also burrow into wood and ruin it. They're real pests if you have wood siding on your house and can completely ruin it. >.<

I ADORE bees! When I was in High School, I helped found the Bee Keeper's club :) We had a beehive and all of our bees donated, and we pretty much just chilled out, talked about bees and enjoyed honey from local beekeepers every morning from 7:00-8:00. I loved it! I hope I can start up a club at my University too. :p

Back