• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Does anyone else wonder Octopi use umbrellas in the rain?

moonford

moon boi
Bells
Ruby
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Leif
Does anyone else wonder why Octopi use umbrellas when it's raining in town? The Frogs don't so it would make sense that Octopi don't either.

The same could be said for Hippos, Alligators and Ducks. People have said they prefer saltwater I thought about that at first too, but I think Nintendo should have put some emphasis on the fact they aren't land animals in one way or another.

Last edited:
i actually never knew they didn't use them, shows how much i pay attention lol

that is interesting though, you'd think that they wouldn't mind being in the rain!

I never noticed that, but interesting. Maybe the water drops annoy them more than swimming in water would? Who knows haha

Do you ever wonder how you can catch frogs in the ponds, yet they are also villagers... and why the ones you can catch are placed in the 'fish' category? Or am I the only one....

They prefer salt water lol

34lJ1hL - Imgur.jpg
Yeah,if it rained salt water they probably wouldn't use umbrellas.

Do you ever wonder how you can catch frogs in the ponds, yet they are also villagers... and why the ones you can catch are placed in the 'fish' category? Or am I the only one....

They should add amphibians in the next game, e.g newts, salamanders and so on.

- - - Post Merge - - -

View attachment 197510
Yeah,if it rained salt water they probably wouldn't use umbrellas.

That's what I thought too but still.

They should add amphibians in the next game, e.g newts, salamanders and so on.

- - - Post Merge - - -

That's what I thought too but still.

Heh,yeah..just another one of those quirky things in the game.The hippos probably don't need umbrellas either since real hippos spend most of their time in the water.

Heh,yeah..just another one of those quirky things in the game.The hippos probably don't need umbrellas either since real hippos spend most of their time in the water.

Yes I forgot about them! The same could be said for Alligators as well.

I second the saltwater idea, but there are other that shouldn't use them, as others have stated, including hippos, alligators, and ducks.

They just like to be fashionable.

Close...if I could send my screenshot, I would. This is what Octavian the cranky octopus told my mayor yesterday.

"Nowadays, nobody values guys who refuse to use umbrellas in the rain."

Gotta love it!

I guess it's because they are from the ocean, and thus "need salt water"

Ducks, Alligators, and Hippos using them is questionable.
It's hilarious seeing Ribbot with a Umbrella. :p

Back