Selling Collectibles! (Added eggs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude. The thing about collectibles, especially rare event collectibles, is that they're expensive. That Blue Candy you wanted so badly doesn't even go for 80, and it's much more common than the Goomba. Offering such low, low prices for rare collectibles is almost never going to work. People work hard to obtain the collectibles they sell and don't want to give up their stuff for a tiny amount of currency that could easily be earned by posting. If I had to guess, the Goomba would probably cost around 1,500 TBT, though I haven't checked the guide lately. Just a word of friendly advice.

Dude. The thing about collectibles, especially rare event collectibles, is that they're expensive. That Blue Candy you wanted so badly doesn't even go for 80, and it's much more common than the Goomba. Offering such low, low prices for rare collectibles is almost never going to work. People work hard to obtain the collectibles they sell and don't want to give up their stuff for a tiny amount of currency that could easily be earned by posting. If I had to guess, the Goomba would probably cost around 1,500 TBT, though I haven't checked the guide lately. Just a word of friendly advice.

It's very possible that he just doesn't know what collectibles are worth.... I offered 20 for a Pinky because all it said in his first post was "offer" and as a new member who doesn't dabble in collectibles I had absolutely no clue what it was worth, it could be 10 or it could be 30,000. I understand that the OP says that he wants more than that but he doesn't give a ballpark estimate so it isn't completely ridiculous that someone may offer what seems like only slightly more. Please, don't assume that everyone has knowledge of this sort of thing... This is the reason I am often afraid to purchase anything when the seller has "offer" next to an item (whether it be here or at Re-tail)...

It's very possible that he just doesn't know what collectibles are worth.... I offered 20 for a Pinky because all it said in his first post was "offer" and as a new member who doesn't dabble in collectibles I had absolutely no clue what it was worth, it could be 10 or it could be 30,000. I understand that the OP says that he wants more than that but he doesn't give a ballpark estimate so it isn't completely ridiculous that someone may offer what seems like only slightly more. Please, don't assume that everyone has knowledge of this sort of thing... This is the reason I am often afraid to purchase anything when the seller has "offer" next to an item (whether it be here or at Re-tail)...

I wasn't trying to be rude, although it may have come off that way. I was only trying to explain that rare collectibles are a luxury few can afford. I'm not a fan of the ridiculously high prices either. The economy here is screwed up. I was just trying to be helpful. That's all.

*she, op is a girl

anyway i think ThatOneMarshalFangirl is just trying to help, she's not trying to make anyone feel bad so let's all relax and be friends and somebody can buy my collectibles ;)

Thank you again for the offer, but I'm looking for like 2k-ish at least for the goomba :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back