• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Thoughts about the Hunt?

Flare

Cherry 🍒
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7087-8935-1983
So what are your thoughts about this? Are the clues difficult to find? Or perhaps they were easy?
I find this rather difficult, but I guess I'll continue searching anyways.

Which clue is the hardest one for you to solve? Which was the easiest?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Do you think the difficulty is high here?

Are there eggs you desire to be made for next year?

Despite my join date this is the first time I've experienced Easter on tbt. I thought it was quite enjoyable! I was extremely frustrated at a certain point and wanted to tear my hair out (still kinda do at present moment lol) but I think that, for the most part there is a good enough balance of obvious, easy-to-find eggs and obscure, tear-your-hair-out eggs so that even noobs like me can walk away with a collectible and more experienced users can earn earn the more eggspensive collectibles.
So yeah, overall I think this is a good event and there was good balance with the clues. :p

I found it pretty difficult, and I'm guessing that's because I only joined in November last year and also took a break from the site, so I feel like I missed a lot of relevant topics that clues were hidden in. That being said, I did manage to get 10 clues, albeit they're probably the easier ones but that makes me realise that there's definitely enough for newer members to find, although you may have to do some serious digging. Overall I had a blast, and I look forward to the next one, it's been the most rewarding thing I've been a part of on here so far.

It was very fun, and I think I did an okay job. However, it's very addicting to try and find the eggs, and I wasted my whole day yesterday trying to find them instead of socializing at a family reunion.

I think everyone can agree it gave a good brain challenge though...
tenor.gif

I found it pretty difficult, and I'm guessing that's because I only joined in November last year and also took a break from the site, so I feel like I missed a lot of relevant topics that clues were hidden in. That being said, I did manage to get 10 clues, albeit they're probably the easier ones but that makes me realise that there's definitely enough for newer members to find, although you may have to do some serious digging. Overall I had a blast, and I look forward to the next one, it's been the most rewarding thing I've been a part of on here so far.

I feel this. I took a break from the site for like a year and just recently returned, and I know from the 2014/2015 egg hunts that some of the clues do reference threads or posts that may be pretty obscure. I'll use that as my excuse if I don't figure out any more of these heh

I can only figure out 2 :/ I think I know some but what thread would I even look for?

This year's egg hunt is definitely harder than last year's. It could be that I took a break from the site though. I can figure out the references to many of the clues but I just don't know where to find them :c

I loved it. 15 was probably my favourite to solve. 20 was very clever too! Props to whoever made those ones.

I thought it was very difficult but still fun. I was able to find just enough eggs to get the two eggs I wanted most so I'm content

I feel like this one was easier than last year's since I actually managed to get 6 eggs this time. Last time I didn't get a single one haha. I'm really happy I got my chao egg! It's the one I wanted. :)

Loved it! I think it should last longer, though. I don't know how anybody could find them all in such a short period of time.

I think it's okay. This was the first egg hunt I've participated in. I do think a lot of the clues are very obscure (or barely make sense) and are way more likely for more active members to find but I guess that's the point. I've encountered most by accident. I ended up finding 12 so I guess that's not bad for a first timer.

I think it's okay. This was the first egg hunt I've participated in. I do think a lot of the clues are very obscure (or barely make sense) and are way more likely for more active members to find but I guess that's the point. I've encountered most by accident. I ended up finding 12 so I guess that's not bad for a first timer.

This was my first egg hunt too! I feel the same way about most of the clues as well. I'm looking forward to the answers later tonight though!

Last edited:
This was my first egg hunt too! I feel the same way about most of the clues as well. I'm looking forward to the answers later tonight though!

Same, I really wanna know what the answer to 3 will be. I'll def kick myself for it. XD

I'm looking forward to the answers too simply to know if I was on the right track or not.

Weirdly, I found more eggs last year (my first year) than this year, but I must say that the clues from this year are noticeably harder, so I guess it makes sense.

This is my first egg hunt. I barely managed to get 6 eggs. They should definitely make the egg hunt easier next year, and more understandable for newcomers.

I love it and I hate it. I don't think it was possible for me to get very much because I spend most of my days in the hospital lately and that leaves me limited time at home to actually participate. You really need a lot of free time to scour the forums, not to mention already know the ins and outs around here, which apparently I don't, and also be familiar with other games. I only use the forums for AC related things, so I was bound to fail anyway :'( A few clues are bothering me because I feel like I know what they are referring to but I don't know where to look and I don't have time to really search. Oh well. Next year, I'll be ready! (And still probably fail LOL)

This was my second egg hunt. I participated in either the 1st or 2nd (whichever gave the Togepi/Yoshi eggs) and now the 5th. This hunt was WAY easier than the first one I did, so I do think the creators have actually made the clues a little easier since then. I think I remember having to actually find specific thread/post numbers, so thankfully this time around things were pretty much right there if you opened up the right thread.

For Egg 3, I looked in that exact thread multiple times and couldn't find it :/ Where exactly was it??

Back