Is the hunt too hard?

i still can't believe i've been searching for like 6 hours straight and still havent found any more eggs

I'm trying to find at least one more egg. This is so difficult. :(

I've spent an hour searching yesterday but I honestly dont know where to look/what to look for so hm

Like the second I logged on tonight I got several of them, but now I'm working on several that I am stumped on, or that I have a lead on but have no idea where to go from there...

This is just my own theory, but judging from the answers to the clues from last year's egg hunt, I think that the egg hunt is intended for people who are super active on this site and read all of the threads so much that they're familiar with all of the goings-on here and will understand references to different threads. So, if you only use this site for, say, trading items and villagers (like me), you'll be out of luck for this egg hunt thing, since you won't get all of the in-jokes/references in the clues.

That said, I did find three eggs that didn't require that kind of knowledge, so, perhaps some eggs are more accessible to more casual users, but I think most of them are more geared toward the people who know all of the message boards really well. And that's not necessarily a bad thing, it's like a reward for the people who are a bigger part of the community of this site.

Maybe. Just my theory/opinion.

Short version: I think the egg hunt is not intended for everyone to be able to solve, just the truly dedicated TBT elite, though perhaps a few eggs aren't hidden that way, for the more casual people.

^ i think you also need some game knowledge besides animal crossing

^This. You need general nintendo knowledge, and to be a bit more active, it's not the the elite, but it is all over the site in different places so you DO need to do more than just use the site for AC because this site isn't exclusively for AC people.

Alright, I have been searching for several hours now and have had no luck finding any eggs. I'm wondering what I'm missing here. Could ad-block have anything to do with it? Will the eggs not show up if I have ad-block enabled? Just looking for some guidance as so far, I have had no luck.. Thank you!

^This. You need general nintendo knowledge, and to be a bit more active, it's not the the elite, but it is all over the site in different places so you DO need to do more than just use the site for AC because this site isn't exclusively for AC people.

Hopefully it's mostly older Nintendo stuff. Although it should be more general stuff on here anyway. With the ones for new games that's a bit unfair for people who haven't been able to afford newer games and consoles or don't have someone buying this stuff for them.

Last edited:
For what feels like the hundredth time, no clues, no matter how vague you think they may be.

Back