TBT's Fifth Annual Easter Egg Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I KNEW the NES one, but couldn't find the thread. Ugh... I knew the log out one and a bunch of others too...

The more i re open this thread, the more i'm gonna miss the artwork and the banner at the top of every page. it captures all the right atmosphere stuff and warm/cute/evening/outdoors/morning/wonder/everything-positive-im-thinking-but-cant-articulate-better-than-how-the-artwork-makes-you-feel-it.

I think the only way I would want this to be easier is to not let the hunt be so time consuming. I feel like I could have found most of these if it wasn't so time consuming. Then again, I'm glad it was fun for everyone who found more than me. I guess I just feel this way because I didn't have much time since I was at the hospital with my mom most of each day this weekend and so I couldn't truly spend hours just looking for eggs, though I wanted to. It made me feel a little frustrated and left out but I did also think it would have been fun for me under different circumstances :)

I wouldn't mind if the event itself was a little longer just to get more of a breather, especially since it takes place during Easter, which is when a lot of people are busy with family.

I wouldn't mind if the event itself was a little longer just to get more of a breather, especially since it takes place during Easter, which is when a lot of people are busy with family.

I agree, I was constantly playing moral chess with how long I'd let myself be away from everyone.

Where's that post from justin's fake rant about people taking time from their families to earn collectibles

It's true it's all true

I also kept thinking the red vs blue clue was about Jake and Justin getting mad over the broken images in the April Fools' fake fight

Geeeeeeeeeeez, 15. Really??? I put in scrambles, scramble, scrambled, scrambled eggs, egg scramble, breakfast, egg hunt, six eggs, zipper, zipper tree bunny, anacrostic, Pok?mon (< at first I thought it was a Pok?mon scrambled up), easter, Easter eggs. And the list goes on. I would have never in a million years guessed secret.

Clue 3??? Ugh. I looked through splat zone. On the last page was prof gallows thread: calamari of general discussion. I knew that was the right thread!!! (Wrong!!!) and then I remembered that when they added new mods, a while back, the gave them all squid hats, so I checked that thread. (Wrong). Then I thought well they said TBT's FAV calamari so I went to the people's choice awards to see who all won this year and there was Murray voted for splatoon!!! I was in the right track now for sure right??? (Wrong). I stalked poor Murray's page and then went and looked through as many splat threads as I could specifically looking for Murray's posts.

I spent so much time in those 2 and Oblivia's egg 19 as well. I honestly don't know how I missed that one.

Clue 3??? Ugh. I looked through splat zone. On the last page was prof gallows thread: calamari of general discussion. I knew that was the right thread!!! (Wrong!!!) and then I remembered that when they added new mods, a while back, the gave them all squid hats, so I checked that thread. (Wrong). Then I thought well they said TBT's FAV calamari so I went to the people's choice awards to see who all won this year and there was Murray voted for splatoon!!! I was in the right track now for sure right??? (Wrong). I stalked poor Murray's page and then went and looked through as many splat threads as I could specifically looking for Murray's posts.

this is a pretty apt summary of why egg 3 is as cruel as it is

there's just so many places it would reasonably fit

Such a mind splitting fun event though guys!!! Mods, you all did such a great job this year!!!!! Thx so much for making me use my brain on something other than Pok?mon!!!

I thought the red v blue egg was in the 'We're doomed' thread at first and went through the whole thing. It was annoying as heck

other than that this was tons of fun. It was my first hunt and I kinda sucked but now I know how it works and am determined to do better next time...

Thanks for the fun event. :D

@egg #6:
Why would you make a clue about pokemon and then not have the answer being pokemon?????? I don't get it.

@egg #11:
This clue was another one that made no sense. It's a riddle and riddles are still meant to have correct sentences. You do not "spike" someone with an arrow, you "strike" them. Unless the arrow was laced with drugs.

@egg #6:
Why would you make a clue about pokemon and then not have the answer being pokemon?????? I don't get it.

the clue was never about pokemon, it just used it as a referential basis due to near similarities

@egg #11:
This clue was another one that made no sense. It's a riddle and riddles are still meant to have correct sentences. You do not "spike" someone with an arrow, you "strike" them. Unless the arrow was laced with drugs.

wordplay isn't your forte, is it?

nah i'm never going to get over egg 3 since i was in that thread smh
looking at the answers, some aren't as hard as i thought they were? i had the right ideas, just didn't look in the right places. though some others i never would have got , and congrats to anyone who did!!

thank you staff yet again for another wonderfully crafted egg hunt. the work you all have put into this is immensely appreciated. again next year? :'^)

That was really fun, thanks staff.

Although, i think I got lucky on egg 15 cause I refreshed the page and the eggs spelt out SECRET for me so i was literally given the answer lmfao

- - - Post Merge - - -

ALSO, i thought the "Second but always third" clue was throwing shade at me for getting 3rd in the art contest again after being in the tiebreaker for 2nd so I was skulking that thread like the plague

I knew that the 20th clue had something to do with Redd, but I never found it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back