• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

TBT's Fifth Annual Easter Egg Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
re #10 it never occurred to me that "maple tree "was supposed to represent Justin.

now if the clue had used "maple stinkweed," I think most of us would've immediately made that connection.. :p

for #15 i just used a page that formed words with certain letters and kept trying until i got secret , they we're a lot and took a lot of time to realize

i even did what gyro and Sparro did on a sheet
HNI_0047.JPG
*this was a sheet for school btw*

I got #s 1, 5, 18, 21, 23, and 25. I had to check with my sister if # 5 made sense as a pok?mon reference as that's all I could think of. I got 23 when trying to find 25, and then found 21 when trying again for 25 after logging out last night but not noticing the egg thingy whilst logged out (and having cookies turned off coz I couldn't work out where to find 21). I'm sure 25 was sitting right there in front of me the whole time but it was literally the last egg I found.

I came very close to getting #s 6, 8, 16, and 17. I didn't make it to the exact threads, but I had the clue solved correctly and would have found the eggs if I'd kept searching.

If given a year or two I might have found a few of the others, but never would have been able to get them all by myself lol.

Thanks for the brain-bending event! It wasn't exactly *fun* but it was definitely interesting and I enjoyed the challenge and joining in the hunt with everyone here.

P.S. # 15 should have been "SCRAMBLED" or some variation thereof and I don't care how clever the real answer is, I prefer mine.

:D

I had the right idea for number 5 in that it was related to Hawaii, just didn't think of Pokemon.

I actually thought four of them had to do with Pokemon in some way.

Clue #2 was rather about Monster Hunter than best Pokemon game
Clue #5 was about Pokemon Sun & Moon, which is good
Clue #6 was rather about the staff than starter Pokemon
Clue #17 was rather political than about Pokemon Red & Blue

well it was challenging to be sure, but once again a fun event, thank you one and all staff for putting it together, especially on a holiday weekend!! :)

please no, then I'd of had 262,144 possible combinations to work out

Only of you do it manually - I enter my letter combos into an online unscrambler or else an electronic one my mum has.

But the point of my answer wasn't that it could be made from the letters shown : just that random letters on easter eggs are "scrambled". I thought that was a very clever answer and I wasn't budging from it no matter how many times it was not correct lol.

Last edited:
Clue #2 was rather about Monster Hunter than best Pokemon game

yeah, I thought this one was Pokemon related too at first, but couldn't find anything in its boards

Clue #5 was about Pokemon Sun & Moon, which is good
Clue #6 was rather about the staff than starter Pokemon
Clue #17 was rather political than about Pokemon Red & Blue

these three all basically instantly clicked for me though, and I hate how right I was for #17

Last edited:
More an observation than anything else, but this event has increased my activity, in terms of posting on here, a ton. TBT is life, life is TBT (creds to you know who for the chiasmus (not voldemort))

egg 15 to be recreated next year, but instead of alphanumeric characters it's emoticon graphics used for those chain reblog ****posts

Last edited:
More an observation than anything else, but this event has increased my activity, in terms of posting on here, a ton. TBT is life, life is TBT (creds to you know who for the chiasmus (not voldemort))

It got me searching everywhere too. It's a shame that I didn't get the golden egg this time, but the real success I got is that one of the eggs was hidden in my blog entry.

It got me searching everywhere too. It's a shame that I didn't get the golden egg this time, but the real success I got is that one of the eggs was hidden in my blog entry.

i mean I don't think a golden egg would fit for you

your full apples lineup is too iconic at this point I feel

now maybe if it was a GOLDEN apple....

Last edited:
the appleness reminded me faintly of the log lady at first, but she's one of my favourite characters in twin peaks so i was kinda an insta-fan of yours via association (the fact you have an apple translator heightened that) :p

i mean I don't think a golden egg would fit for you

your full apples lineup is too iconic at this point I feel

now maybe if it was a GOLDEN apple....

That's the reason why a moon wand will never show up in my sidebar if I had one.

Ugh, I feel so dumb now that I see the answers... I was one letter away from getting the ALOLA one.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I knew what a lot of these were EXACTLY, but I couldn't find them.

Please make the egg hunt easier next year.

If you knew what they were then what's the point in making it easier?

I think the only way I would want this to be easier is to not let the hunt be so time consuming. I feel like I could have found most of these if it wasn't so time consuming. Then again, I'm glad it was fun for everyone who found more than me. I guess I just feel this way because I didn't have much time since I was at the hospital with my mom most of each day this weekend and so I couldn't truly spend hours just looking for eggs, though I wanted to. It made me feel a little frustrated and left out but I did also think it would have been fun for me under different circumstances :)

Yeah. If nothing else, the search gave me a partial refresher on what I missed in my time away from TBT (ESPECIALLY events-wise because I was combing the bulletin board up and down), and gave me a look at some really old threads that I'd never had touched otherwise.

Maybe next year someone could start a "interesting threads you found while scouring the forums" thread (obviously sharing threads with eggs would be disallowed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back