• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

TBT's Fifth Annual Easter Egg Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geeeeeeeeeeez, 15. Really??? I put in scrambles, scramble, scrambled, scrambled eggs, egg scramble, breakfast, egg hunt, six eggs, zipper, zipper tree bunny, anacrostic, Pok?mon (< at first I thought it was a Pok?mon scrambled up), easter, Easter eggs. And the list goes on. I would have never in a million years guessed secret.

Clue 3??? Ugh. I looked through splat zone. On the last page was prof gallows thread: calamari of general discussion. I knew that was the right thread!!! (Wrong!!!) and then I remembered that when they added new mods, a while back, the gave them all squid hats, so I checked that thread. (Wrong). Then I thought well they said TBT's FAV calamari so I went to the people's choice awards to see who all won this year and there was Murray voted for splatoon!!! I was in the right track now for sure right??? (Wrong). I stalked poor Murray's page and then went and looked through as many splat threads as I could specifically looking for Murray's posts.

I spent so much time in those 2 and Oblivia's egg 19 as well. I honestly don't know how I missed that one.

i did exactly what you did for number 3 lmao
i thought i was right too, absolutely cruel

ahhh THANKS MODS, this event is just amazing, it's nice gathering here and watching people break down with you, i really feel a strong sense of community when we're all crying over the same thing. also the eggs are so beautiful thank u thunder. and thank u to whoever revised clue 3 as i was finally able to find it

so who wants TBT Easter Egg Hunt STATS, now feat. 2017

taken from an earlier post of mine in the hype thread, but 2015 updated to reflect new info and other data newly added

2014:
eggs: 22 (14 clues, 6 puzzles, 1 purchasable, 1 clueless)
most found: egg #2 @581 (purchasable - Zipper)
least found: egg #21 @82 (clue - Jeremy)
median: 291
average: 296.5
dropoff: 85.886%

2015:
eggs: 24 (19 clues, 4 puzzles, 1 purchasable)
most found: egg #5 @446 (purchasable - Zipper)
least found: egg #10 @0 (clue - Tina)
median: 124
average: 150.583~
dropoff: 100%

2016:
eggs: 25 (19 clues, 6 puzzles)
most found: egg #9 @414 (clue -Tina)
least found: egg #24 @102 (clue - Jeremy)
median: 275
average: 268.64
dropoff: 75.362%

2017:
eggs: 25 (21 clues, 4 puzzles)
most found: egg #1 @261 (clue - Peter)
least found: egg #19 @19 (puzzle - Jeremy)
median: 81
average: 95.96
dropoff: 92.720%

Last edited:
i tried so many things for 24

wow, acnl, i tried the thing that comes up when you google searc it, reins of the traveler's tundra mammoth, i tried joan, uugh

- - - Post Merge - - -

stalk market,

I thought the calamari one was about Zucker welp.
Also 24 was just MEAN. I was sure it had to do with red turnips.

Last edited:
I thought the calamari one was about Zucker welp.
Also 24 was just MEAN. I was sure it had to do with red turnips.

I was sure #3 was about one of the octopus villagers, and when I found out Marina was the most popular of those, I focused on her.

And I was *sure* REDTURNIP or a variation thereof was the answer to #24. From the golden axe quest in WW.

Can we please get rid of the frankly upsetting Zipper face now because I'm suffering every time I come onto the forums and I don't need that terror to go along with my already considerable disappointment and rage at this cursed bonding experience

For a lot of these, I was just looking in the wrong place, but I knew exactly what it was.

RIP Galaxy Egg. </3

Anyway, the event was admittedly still really fun and I enjoyed it! The eggs this year were really great too, which just made obtaining them feel even more satisfying. ;D

ty for this annual brain frying event mods, the banners, graphics, and eggs were the best yet this year <3

I was sure #3 was about one of the octopus villagers, and when I found out Marina was the most popular of those, I focused on her.

And I was *sure* REDTURNIP or a variation thereof was the answer to #24. From the golden axe quest in WW.

Yup. I tried REDTURNIP, REDTURNIPS, TURNIP, TURNIPS, GOLDENAXE, AXE, THEGOLDENAXE, GOLDENAXETRADINGGAME, etc

I was convinced egg 6 was pokemon related ._________________________. that clue was way too confusing.

Duuuuude

The people who you want to talk to and the political thread ****ed me over
Couldn't find them for hours

I literally had the most genius idea for puzzle 15, "SCRAMBLEDEGGS", I was sure that was the answer lmao :'(

Aw man, I was close to a couple of them, but I didn't find them. I did manage to get one egg collectible though. I never got six clues before. :)

i got egg 6 but thought i got egg 2 so spent ages looking for egg 6 when i already had it :')
thought the generation bit was referring to new and old mods that's why lmao

- - - Post Merge - - -

I literally had the most genius idea for puzzle 15, "SCRAMBLEDEGGS", I was sure that was the answer lmao :'(

i put that too and almost cried when it was wrong smh

I was on the right track for a lot of these, just too lazy to do the digging. Some of these though I was way off, but I'm certain I would've found more if I would have put in the effort.
You can tell who is a Pok?mon fan and who isn't by wether or not they found egg #5 obvious. (Although I've never played a Pok?mon game in my life and I got that one) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back