• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

TBT's Fifth Annual Easter Egg Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I knew that #3 was splatoon related but I didnt look in enough threads ;-; Oh well I really wanted the kirby egg but this one is cool too! :D

I knew the answers to a few more but couldn't find them anywhere. I did try logging out to find #21 but didn't find the egg for it, I made a blog post to get #25 but it didn't work, and I searched high and low for #3 in the Splat Zone board. Oh and I found the dream suite egg at 8:09 my time which was just after 11 EDT! So close! I think I did pretty good for my first time!

Since the Galaxy Egg was limited in quantity and I knew I wasn't going to be able to get one, I was hoping to be able to figure out three more before the event ended to be able to get a Poptart Egg. Unfortunately, now having seen the answers revealed, I wouldn't have figured out most of the ones I missed even if given an entire week. I knew 22 immediately, but couldn't find it and gave up looking for it. Would have needed 2 more without counting that one, and yeah, no, that wasn't happening.

Thank you to everyone involved in making this event possible, even though I performed pretty poorly in the grand scheme of things. I especially want to thank whoever is responsible for the rotating Zipper face.

Congratulations to everyone who managed to figure these clues out, especially Rosetti for getting that Golden Egg.

Looking forward to the next event.

im looking at all these and how was i suppose to know all of this how did people do this?!

I had such a fun time doing this. These events really are the best, and I geniunely look forward to them every year. You guys always put so much effort into them.

And Laudine deserves a trophy or something for her amazing art.

I had such a fun time doing this. These events really are the best, and I geniunely look forward to them every year. You guys always put so much effort into them.

And Laudine deserves a trophy or something for her amazing art.

or the traveller's red prize for the gold prize

Last edited:
Being the first easter that i participated on (Where i was on 2015 and 2016 , smh) i liked it! I also loved the eggs designs!

Surely this was hard! Hopefully i will do better next year! :blush:

Thunder did a great job designing these eggs! :D

I wonder who made the Zipper Tree?

Thunder did a great job designing these eggs! :D

I wonder who made the Zipper Tree?

Presumably one of the administrators. Haven't ran a forum for a long time, but I'm pretty sure only administrators can mess with the site's code like that.

Also, I'm buzzing because I just realised that they used one of my threads (the Presidential Election one) for the hunt. I never would've even guessed!

Last edited:
i got #15 right by just guessing bc the letters kept changing the code was supposed to be a 'secret'. i had also guessed 'scrambled' and 'jumbled' before guessing correctly.

Both, out of curiosity, and for future reference; which eggs that weren't puzzles used codes instead of graphics? Out of the ones I found, only 21 was text based.

Both, out of curiosity, and for future reference; which eggs that weren't puzzles used codes instead of graphics? Out of the ones I found, only 21 was text based.

the 'quick! stop and drop(down)' egg was in a text link rather than an image of the ones i found

@egg #6:
Why would you make a clue about pokemon and then not have the answer being pokemon?????? I don't get it.

@egg #11:
This clue was another one that made no sense. It's a riddle and riddles are still meant to have correct sentences. You do not "spike" someone with an arrow, you "strike" them. Unless the arrow was laced with drugs.

I didn't write the clue, but I'd think "spike" would be referring to the Valentine's Day rose collectibles. Roses, thorns, spikes, you get the idea.

#3 and #7 both used text links instead of the STUNNING egg graphics put together by Jeremy.

I didn't write the clue, but I'd think "spike" would be referring to the Valentine's Day rose collectibles. Roses, thorns, spikes, you get the idea.

I didn't get the valentine's day thing either. I guess my mind didn't make the connection between 'spike' and 'thorn'. I feel like maybe 'prick' would have been a better word to use because that brings to mind roses and thorns. but then that doesn't work as well with the arrow part so *shrugs*

Wow. 10 eggs that people could hardly find. This is a good play on hard mode definitely.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Plus, I can't believe I missed egg 22. I was looking for threads that had the most posts. I couldn't believe that I was unaware there would be an egg in there.

i forgot, when will the egg shop close?

(couldnt find mention of it as search is still turned off)

I literally had the most genius idea for puzzle 15, "SCRAMBLEDEGGS", I was sure that was the answer lmao :'(

I had that same idea as well!!!! After I tried that, I actually tried to put in breakfast lol!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back