• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

North Korea's Sixth Nuclear Test

Corrie

I hear the secrets that you keep...
Bells
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Yellow Balloon
White Pansy
White Pansy
So what do you guys think about North Korea's sixth nuclear weapon test that is going to happen anyday now? And with trump sending over ships to threaten NK to stop with the nuclear weapons and making NK threaten war if they get attacked?

Are we doomed now or is NK still all talk? What do you guys think?

If you don't know about this event, literally google it, it's all over the web.

I used to be afraid of North Korea but I don't anymore. It's pretty simple: they keep threatening us as a way to brainwash their citizens into keeping the regime in power. I'd love to have North Korea be a regular country, and perhaps even reunite it with South Korea, but I honestly don't think we should expend the effort until they make a move (which I don't believe will happen)

Let me explain something really quick, North Korea is that little chiwawa that won't shut up, but eventually the bigger dogs are going to turn around and beat it to the ground, NK may have warheads but they DONT HAVE ROCKETS TO LAUNCH THEM WITH

i'm scared lol why can't we all sit in a room and play animal crossing together instead of fighting
i hate the actual real world

i'm scared lol why can't we all sit in a room and play animal crossing together instead of fighting
i hate the actual real world

Because unfortunately instead on playing a benevolent god/mayor in a have, some people would rather be worshipped in real life or bust.

I'm a little nervous. I've gotten used to treating NK like a chihuahua but b even if they are a chihuahua to the US they could still deal significant damage to neighboring counties, which I dont want to see. While I don't want the US to be involved in outside conflicts, I don't think it's unreasonable either to defend countries that are being threatened for no real reason. I prefer not to intervene, but if it mears protecting innocents from some delusional god-wannabe, I'm kinda sorta ok with getting involved.

What worries me is that I think Kim Jong Un is mentally unstable and may actually use nukes if he has the capability to do so. While I don't like the idea of a preemptive strike, it is much better to hit North Korea before they can do anything with nukes than just stand by and wait for them to develop those capabilities because once that can of worms is opened, it can't be shut again.

What worries me is that I think Kim Jong Un is mentally unstable and may actually use nukes if he has the capability to do so. While I don't like the idea of a preemptive strike, it is much better to hit North Korea before they can do anything with nukes than just stand by and wait for them to develop those capabilities because once that can of worms is opened, it can't be shut again.

This is how I feel about it. You know he'll use the nukes the minute they become perfected so it's better to attack first and get rid of the threat.

In reality though, I say he needs to get assassinated asap. If only it were that easy.

North Korea using nukes on South Korea would be pretty stupid since the fallout would blow back towards them and massive retaliation would ensue. Nobody wants to rule a wasteland. Kim took a good look at what happened to Saddam and Gaddafi and realized nuclear weapons are the ultimate "don't **** with me" button. They are primarily for deterrence, not actual use. He may be a megalomaniacal narcissist but he's not an idiot and knows NK wouldn't win a war. He'll huff and puff and nothing will happen. Best hope is to wait for an internal collapse but then you still have the problem of millions upon millions of uneducated, brainwashed refugees that neither China nor South Korea wants to deal with. Expect more of the status quo.

Last edited:
North Korea using nukes on South Korea would be pretty stupid since the fallout would blow back towards them and massive retaliation would ensue. Nobody wants to rule a wasteland. Kim took a good look at what happened to Saddam and Gaddafi and realized nuclear weapons are the ultimate "don't **** with me" button. They are primarily for deterrence, not actual use. He may be a megalomaniacal narcissist but he's not an idiot and knows NK wouldn't win a war. He'll huff and puff and nothing will happen. Best hope is to wait for an internal collapse but then you still have the problem of millions upon millions of uneducated, brainwashed refugees that neither China nor South Korea wants to deal with. Expect more of the status quo.

Kim Jong Un doesn't seem like a very rational thinker though. From what I see about him in the news, he acts very impulsively. So he may be the type of person who says **** everyone and goes for M.A.D. He doesn't want to bomb South Korea now because if he did that, the U.S. wouldn't hesitate to wipe North Korea off the map, but if he gets a long-range missile capable of hitting California, then the U.S. has to really consider whether it's worth it to defend South Korea when North Korea could retaliate with a major attack on the U.S. Kim Jong Un is basically using South Korea as a hostage to buy time so he can eventually us the U.S. as a hostage and then he has a lot more leverage to go after countries like South Korea and maybe Japan.

Kim Jong Un doesn't seem like a very rational thinker though. From what I see about him in the news, he acts very impulsively. So he may be the type of person who says **** everyone and goes for M.A.D. He doesn't want to bomb South Korea now because if he did that, the U.S. wouldn't hesitate to wipe North Korea off the map, but if he gets a long-range missile capable of hitting California, then the U.S. has to really consider whether it's worth it to defend South Korea when North Korea could retaliate with a major attack on the U.S. Kim Jong Un is basically using South Korea as a hostage to buy time so he can eventually us the U.S. as a hostage and then he has a lot more leverage to go after countries like South Korea and maybe Japan.

He's still all for self-preservation, using nukes or launching a preemptive strike would just be kicking the hornet's nest. If anything he wants to be perceived as a lunatic to scare others into not messing with him. If the US believed NK posed a threat to its mainland it would be the US who attacks first, they wouldn't wait for him to actually do something. At this point he's not a threat to anyone but South Korea and Japan.

The Trump administration needs to work with China if China is willing to work with the United States of America. North Korea is a serious threat. Their nuclear tests should not be overlooked.

The Trump administration needs to work with China if China is willing to work with the United States of America. North Korea is a serious threat. Their nuclear tests should not be overlooked.

Good luck getting China to do anything of any substance. North Korea exists because China wants them to exist, their entire economy relies on trade with China. They do not want the US (or a US ally) sitting on their border, look back to the Korean War when they directly intervened to prevent this from happening. The situation hasn't changed since then.

Back