Rain today on Tortimer's Island ☔️🌧

It's rained on my own island before and I wasn't very shocked because I hardly visit islands. I can only imagine how shocked you must have felt ir you've visited so many and never seen it before! :eek: That's cool

Until this thread I had no idea it can rain on either the private island or the public ones. Wow! I visit the islands pretty sporadically but frequently (so lots of visits for a week or two and then a break). I have never seen weather beyond *very cloudy* on any island. I've had rain coming from and going to the island in the boat, but that's it.

Now I'm making it a mission of mine to try and see this rain for myself. I love rain irl and in-game (especially the music, I don't like the normal music but love the raining/snowing versions). Silence on the island whilst it's raining sounds like an experience I will love!

Last edited:
It rained on my island once. Rain is extremely rare. Mostly, it's just clear or cloudy skies.

If it rains, the music stops entirely.

Whoa, that's kinda freaky and cool at the same time that the music stops entirely. I've only ever seen it sunny on the island, but I rarely go there.

I think it's only rained on my island once or twice. It looks really nice when it rains.

It might be unintentional and a glitch since no music plays when it rains as it tries to find a song to play in the game's files but no songs exist for a rainy day or night at the island in the game's files so it just doesn't play anything. But if that's the case then Nintendo would've patched it by now, or maybe they haven't noticed it. I've never been to the island when it rains since I barely go there anymore but it is interesting that rain on the island is possible.

Never had rain, but I once got an overcast sky on my island, like it was about to storm. It was kinda depressing, actually.

Strange, I don't think i've seen it rain very much on the island since I got the game. I just automatically assumed it was always sunny there no matter the weather. If i'm honest though, I'd prefer the island to only have one climate, as it's more convenient for tanning. On that note, I don't understand why you can only tan in summer if the island is sunny 90% of the time.

I've never seen it rain on my island. Can you catch the snail and coelacanth there when it's raining?

It's only happened once for me! I was so surprised because I just assumed weather stuff couldn't happen on the island.

I'm pretty sure it's actually because you're on an international island. Many games have very small differences to them depending on the region, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are copies in which your island can rain.

I'm pretty sure it's actually because you're on an international island. Many games have very small differences to them depending on the region, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are copies in which your island can rain.

Have you Bowie ever seen rain on any of the islands?

Hey! That's me behind you!
7acpk5Y.png

That was the first time I saw rain on the island too :)

Last edited:
Hey! That's me behind you!
7acpk5Y.png

That was the first time I saw rain on the island too :)

Wait - whoa - so you were BOTH on the same International island AND it was raining?'

I haven't seen anyone from TBT on the islands. I have to put something about TBT next time I go to the island :)

Back