• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Rain today on Tortimer's Island ☔️🌧

The Pennifer

💙 Bye, Lulu 💙
Pear 🍐
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4295-0507-7702
Playful Scenery
Playful Scenery
Playful Scenery
Playful Scenery
Playful Scenery
Blue Train Engine
Sleek Train Car
Floral Train Car
Yellow Caboose
Lost Star Fragment 004.MB
So this happened today ... it RAINED on my visit to an international Tortimer island!
I have honestly NEVER seen it rain on any islands I visited ... and believe me! I have made thousands of such visits!
Is this a new thing?
Anybody else ever see this?

The pics aren't the best because I took them of my 3DS screen with my cell phone :rolleyes:

24pyx5y.jpg

5yt4l2.jpg

Interesting, I have never seen that either! The most I've seen is it start to rain on my way back from the island. Or it is just cloudy at the island. Was the music different?

It rained on my island once. Rain is extremely rare. Mostly, it's just clear or cloudy skies.

If it rains, the music stops entirely.

Last edited:
i think it's pretty rare! i've only ever had it happen maybe once or twice :)

I have had rain on my town islands only twice.

The first time it happened I was about to reset the town and it felt very bittersweet!

I've never seen it going on Club Tortimer islands. Very cool!
I am thinking of creating a new character just to go on Club Tortimer.

Now to see the rain in Club Tortimer is a new fun goal for me!

Interesting, I have never seen that either! The most I've seen is it start to rain on my way back from the island. Or it is just cloudy at the island. Was the music different?

I honestly never noticed if there was music ... lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have had rain on my town islands only twice.

The first time it happened I was about to reset the town and it felt very bittersweet!

I've never seen it going on Club Tortimer islands. Very cool!
I am thinking of creating a new character just to go on Club Tortimer.

Now to see the rain in Club Tortimer is a new fun goal for me!
It was very amazing to me ... I remember posting a question over a year ago if anyone ever saw rain, and no one had! :lemon:

- - - Post Merge - - -

It rained on my island once. Rain is extremely rare. Mostly, it's just clear or cloudy skies.

If it rains, the music stops entirely.
Cool! Did not know this!

- - - Post Merge - - -

i think it's pretty rare! i've only ever had it happen maybe once or twice :)
Really!? Awesome ... if ever again, could you think of me and send a pic or a post!? ❤

I've seen rain on the wifi islands a few times. It was very cool!
Wow! So it does happen more often than I thought! ... I am just still so amazed that I have never seen it ... I have four towns and have done literally countless wifi tours in the past few years, and still have only seen it this once :D

It rained on an international island before the update. The island was on early morning when I arrived.
It's the only time for me.

It rained on an international island before the update. The island was on early morning when I arrived.
It's the only time for me.
Interesting ... my experience with rain is after the update, so that can't be the reason then ... I don't remember the time ... I think morning as well.

thats kinda cool now i wanna try getting it to rain on the island

I don't remember it ever raining on the island before the update, but lately my two mayors have been going every day, and it has been raining several times, at least. I like it! Especially diving when it's raining! So peaceful!

thats kinda cool now i wanna try getting it to rain on the island
Me too ... i want it to happen again ... and I will take better pictures if it does!! lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't remember it ever raining on the island before the update, but lately my two mayors have been going every day, and it has been raining several times, at least. I like it! Especially diving when it's raining! So peaceful!
I didn't get to really enjoy the peacefulness of it since I was busily purchasing hibiscus starts and there were other visitors on the island, but if I get to experience it again, I am going to take my time and really absorb the atmosphere! :lemon:

I've seen this before! I've played the game for years, and I've visited Club Tortimer hundreds of times, but I've only seen it rain once or twice. It's super cool!

I've had rain on my own island plenty of times, long before the update so

nah, it's not really new

I've never experienced rain on the island, which is kind of sad because I LOVE rain. That's neat that it can happen. Now I can't wait for it!

I seen it rained on my island a bunch of times.

I always find the no background music playing kinda relaxing.

I've had rain on my own island fairly regularly - I don't play in real time, which makes it easier to do this, but I often go the island between the hours of 6am & 8am - its great for bug hunting.
If its cloudy at 6am, it tends to get more cloudy at 7am and rains at 8am - I've had this happen over and over again, so its probably been programmed in rather than entirely random. Not every week, but its regular.
Its peaceful as said, there is no music.
Its a long time since I've been to CT islands but can vaguely remember it rained at least once when I was there.

Back