Peach (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Mother's Day Carnation
Mother's Day Carnation
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
New Yorkers, what is everyday life like there? I visited several years ago and I fell so much in love with the city. I'm from a rural area and the constant sounds and lights and people was magic to me! I realize being a tourist and actually living there are very different experiences, so I want to know what the city is like for people who are used to living there.

Not New York but Chicago here. It was pretty nice. I didn't have our want a car because of the public transit. It was cool being able to stay up till the wee hours of the morning and still have places to go to if you wanted to get out of the house for a while.

But it was very expensive paying even for my old run down apartment. And hearing loud bangs at night is pretty freaky. Near constant sirens. Often noisy neighbors. There was an orange glow at night from lights being constantly on. Impossible to see the stars.

It has its good points and its bad. I recommend living in the city for a while just to see what it's like and maybe you'll come to appreciate the country more after. Or if not you can just stay in the city.

I hope this helps!

i lived in new york for half a year so it's hardly an accurate experience but its a goddamn dump of homeless people and trashbags everywhere with too many people in a polluted hole

Back