When to Reset?

MayorCasper

βε ωειι ☆
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
When do you guys feel is the right time to reset your town? I've recently completed Mayview, aside from one or two finishing touches. I've been thinking more and more about resetting, as I want to try incorporating a new town theme with new villagers. I'm just not sure I can let go. If I don't reset, I'll be buying another copy of New Leaf so that I can live out my new town fantasies! ;)\

I'm not asking if I should reset or not, I'm just curious as when you guys feel the right time to start over is! When do you feel that the game is finished?

Last edited:
I don't think I could ever reset, even once I finish my town :( So I would say never, but I know everyone is different. I would also buy a new copy of ACNL if I ever wanted to restart and start from scratch, but I'm far too sentimental to actually restart on my current copy.

I don't think I could ever reset my town, even if I do finish it one day. I have reset after coming back from a few months of not playing, but that was a while ago. I've actually been thinking about getting another copy when I eventually get my town to where I want it to be, just to start working on a new one.

I wouldn't reset my town if it took me many months and years to build it. I'll only do it if I just started and don't feel satisfied with my layout within a few days or probably up to a month.

i don't think i could reset, personally :c i did it one time and regretted it for a while afterwards, despite not liking my old town's layout

i currently have two copies of the game though just for this reason! sometimes i almost want three so i can play around with even more ideas :)

I only reset if I'm incredibly unhappy with my town. If I feel like it's finished, I'd rather tear down landscaping and pwps and redo the whole thing, maybe meet some new villagers.

I would buy a new copy. Considering the many hours spent on this game, I reckon it's definitely worth it if you want to explore new ideas but keep your old town for sentimental reasons.

I've reset many times due to being unhappy with my town. Either I didn't like the name after awhile, or I didn't like where I put my mayor's house, or I didn't like my mayor's face, etc. I really wish you could at least move your mayor's house because a lot of times I put my house in a place that I think is really cool only to find when my town starts developing I don't like where it is anymore.

I say reset when you're unsatisfied, because it's better to start fresh than keep pouring more time into something you already don't like. However, if you're satisfied with your town, I wouldn't delete it if you can afford to get another copy of the game.

Neverrr!!! lol
I completed my town in Arboleda, the only thing missing is some catalogue items. Every once in a while I find something to improve on which is nice. But even though I don't always have much to do or much I want to do in the town I can't bring myself to get rid of it. I have grown attached to my town and all its villagers. So even if it gets a bit boring I will keep it foreverrrr!

I've reset each of my towns once and it was the best decision I made. Both towns were in early development when I reset. I wasn't a fan of where my permanent buildings were and the map layout had a lot to do with it. For me, it made sense to reset.

I would only reset if you're unhappy with your town or have gotten bored of it. You could also switch out a few villagers you're not attached to to keep the game fresh or change the paths every season to give it a new look. Either way, I do think buying another copy of the game can help if you're still attached to your town. If you do reset, be sure to upload your dream address so you can visit anytime afterward. Good luck! :)

Reset if you hate your layout or placement of permanent projects. Otherwise I wouldn't. I'd try changing some things up in town.
Change an area in town. Change your town tune. Sometimes small things make a big diffence.
I reset a town I had for two years because the layout was awful. I love my new town and I'm done with the major bulk of landscaping. But some days I still think about my old town and wonder what I would've done with it with the changes since the update.

When you're bored of it or there's something that really, really bothers you that you can't change, personally! For some people they stay eager to play until they've truly done every last thing they can with every part of their town, but for me, once I fill or nearly fill the fossil, fish and bug collections, make a good dent in the paintings, and get all the major PWPs I want, my desire to play tends to tail off, and this will happen even sooner if there's something bugging me about my town that I can't fix relatively quickly or at all (if I come to regret my mayor's house placement, too many villagers in less than ideal spots etc.). At that point, if I've already put a lot of time in, I'm usually still too attached to actually reset, so I end up putting the game down for a few months, and eventually when I want to play again I'll almost inevitably reset, because that always feels way more fun to me than reviving an effectively abandoned file.

That's just how the cycle seems to go for me at least anyway, haha :p Hopefully now that we seem to be able to exert some influence over where villagers put their houses I'll have more motivation to stick at towns even if something like that bothers me about them.

Back