• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Breaking : US drops bomb on ISIS tunnel in Afghanistan

Soda Fox

love like you
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Yellow Lily
We've been civil lately about these topics so let's keep it up.

Again, I'm not happy the US is still getting involved, but I'm glad that if Trump feels it's necessary, at least he's trying to hit places where civilian are not and avoid as few unnecessary casualties as possible.

The US needs to focus on its own problems but Trump has no understanding of how to run a country so I'm not surprised he keeps bombing other countries.

The US needs to focus on its own problems but Trump has no understanding of how to run a country so I'm not surprised he keeps bombing other countries.

There aren't even any details about the bombing yet. I feel like you have no idea what you are talking about.

Why not both though? Who says we aren't working on problems in America as well? (I don't agree with Trump or his views, but it's not like he's only focusing on other countries and their problems)

Like if a terrorist organization is terrorizing innocent people and we have the power to fight them, why not fight them?

Why not both though? Who says we aren't working on problems in America as well? (I don't agree with Trump or his views, but it's not like he's only focusing on other countries and their problems)

Like if a terrorist organization is terrorizing innocent people and we have the power to fight them, why not fight them?

I'm hoping that's all that was hit but with so little information right now is hard to say. I just hope, again, that these strikes only end this madness and don't escalate the problems there.

I'm anti-war, so I can't personally endorse this, but if someone's pointing a gun at you, it's reasonable to shoot your own gun first.

I'm not for what happened in Syria, but I'm alright with trying to eradicate ISIS. Could we please not focus on starting war with other countries and please just focus on eliminating ISIS?

But I'm sure Trump won't be too keen on that idea, given how stubborn he is.

Do you guys think ww3 could happen? Since yesterday ive been so afraid on whats going to happen and I really dont want to go into war :(

I mean ISIS is garbage but

considering a huge part of their existence and rise is precisely because of American intervention over the past 15+ years uh

please **** off and let someone else clean up your mess America

Last edited:
Do you guys think ww3 could happen? Since yesterday ive been so afraid on whats going to happen and I really dont want to go into war :(

If our rockstar of a president decides to launch off the nuclear missles again then maybe yeah

WW3 is starting and we are all going to die. Not sure if they'll call it WW3 though. :)

I'm not for what happened in Syria, but I'm alright with trying to eradicate ISIS. Could we please not focus on starting war with other countries and please just focus on eliminating ISIS?

I guess I'm a little confused by this. I don't think Trump is actually trying to start a war, honestly I hope not, and is actually just trying to make sure deals that were made years ago are satisfied and that ISIS is eliminated. That's my hope anyway, and the way he's conducted these strikes leads me to believe that's true.

That said, we don't have a crystal ball that shows what the future holds. Maybe Trump will go crazy with the bombs and start a war, but until that happens I have hope that he's trying to end this cleanly with as few casualties and little actual war as possible.

Last edited:
There has been enough American (and British, for that matter) intervention in that whole area of the world the past couple of decades, and that in itself has contributed to the rise of groups like the so-called Islamic State. At this point I really wish both countries would just stop, step back, and have a real think about whether anything they've been doing in this vein has actually been fully justifiable and wise before taking any more action. Not that that will actually happen, of course. :/

The problem is that western countries can't just drop bombs on and send troops to sovereign countries whenever they want to defeat ISIS. Presumably, Afghanistan's government approved of this bomb being dropped, but other countries may not be cool with the U.S. or other countries dropping bombs on their territory even if it's just intended to kill ISIS forces. So war is inevitable if the goal is to completely eradicate ISIS because some countries will not cooperate.

The problem is that western countries can't just drop bombs on and send troops to sovereign countries whenever they want to defeat ISIS. Presumably, Afghanistan's government approved of this bomb being dropped, but other countries may not be cool with the U.S. or other countries dropping bombs on their territory even if it's just intended to kill ISIS forces. So war is inevitable if the goal is to completely eradicate ISIS because some countries will not cooperate.

It's sad that this is true. From a lot of people's perspective ISIS is something to be admired and protected, otherwise ISIS wouldn't be as big as it already is. It's really unfortunate.

Donald J. Trump is a superhero. His administration is doing what is necessary.

It's sad that this is true. From a lot of people's perspective ISIS is something to be admired and protected, otherwise ISIS wouldn't be as big as it already is. It's really unfortunate.

This is absolutely true. From the perspective of ISIS fighters, supporters, and sympathisers, *they* are the heroes fighting for their freedom and *we* (the western world in general and countries that have been directly involved in the fighting there in particular) are the enemy, the "terrorists" seeking to annihilate them.

Fighting an idealogical war such as this is so much more complicated than troops and weapons and battleplans. Everything - every action, reaction, rumour, confirmed tragedy, death count, incident hinting at western impropriety and aggression - can and will be used against us in this war where propaganda can, DOES, radicalise normal people and convert them into effective weapons of war.

Reaching a state of genuine, sustainable peace in that region - and therefore the world - is one of the most difficult diplomacy tasks to face humanity. It was an unbelievably complex undertaking in the 1970s. Now, it grows increasingly difficult with each passing day.

Back