• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Kimi No Na Wa / Your Name

radical6

stop pming me for collectibles
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pink Star Fragment
New Horizons Token
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
watch this movie if you havent its so beautiful. look even if you hate anime

WATCH IT

literally its japans number one movie BUT its so beautiful and welldone.dude, i didnt even know about this movie. my normie college girl party going friend took me to see the movie. we both loved it and cried.

OMG THE ENDING I LOVED IT. even if they dont remember anything i want to cry god bless its a happy ending... god bless!!!!!!

theres a fanmade manga here https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...eLAo5A9Cs2EZ8evrQ&sig2=mvg5ZGx0rrEG030YXqOMEQ

its so cute i love them so much <3

I saw it in a theater this past Saturday. It was emotionally investing and heart wrenching. It was beautifully animated as well

I saw it in a theater this past Saturday. It was emotionally investing and heart wrenching. It was beautifully animated as well

im in love with the movie - i dont watch much animated movies often but this movie was amazing. sure it was cheesy at first but i became invested in their relationships - a complaint is that we arent invested enough in the characters themselves. but personally i cared deeply about these two.

also, the movie director said he didnt want an oscar at all. i understand coz hes going to live with this hype forever but i seriously think this movie is great and want to see more. he feels as if it wasnt perfect enough coz he ran out of money and time.

It's one of my favorite anime films. I wish I saw it in better quality to get the full experience. I don't think it's in any theaters near me.

im in love with the movie - i dont watch much animated movies often but this movie was amazing. sure it was cheesy at first but i became invested in their relationships - a complaint is that we arent invested enough in the characters themselves. but personally i cared deeply about these two.

also, the movie director said he didnt want an oscar at all. i understand coz hes going to live with this hype forever but i seriously think this movie is great and want to see more. he feels as if it wasnt perfect enough coz he ran out of money and time.

yeah maybe he just wanted to tell a story, is all. Yeah, I must admit the first half of the movie I thought to myself "sooo when does this movie get as good as people say it does?" I was pleasantly surprised at the twist and the hints beforehand were satisfyingly paced so you could guess it in time
being that they switched during slightly different time periods. It teased a few times to end prematurely, which really made my heart sink

Interesting. I don't really understand what's going on in the trailer to be honest. Can anyone explain the premise without spoiling? :)

i'd love to see it but it's not in any of the theaters near here. :( guess i'll wait a bit.

Interesting. I don't really understand what's going on in the trailer to be honest. Can anyone explain the premise without spoiling? :)

A country girl (Miythua) makes a wish to be reborn as a handsome tokyo boy in the next life, and she wakes up the next day switching bodies with a tokyo boy named Taki.

What happens next is their daily lives being switched around and how everyone reacts to Taki being in Mityhuas body and vice versa, which makes for funny ****.

So the two plan to meet each other but unfortunately, difficulties arise. The movie has many twists and turns and is worth watching and thats all im saying.

- - - Post Merge - - -

yeah maybe he just wanted to tell a story, is all. Yeah, I must admit the first half of the movie I thought to myself "sooo when does this movie get as good as people say it does?" I was pleasantly surprised at the twist and the hints beforehand were satisfyingly paced so you could guess it in time
being that they switched during slightly different time periods. It teased a few times to end prematurely, which really made my heart sink

I realized she was dead the moment the comet started to fall and she stared at it, and especially when the phone call didn't go through. I didnt realize the time skip though...that was trippy tbh lol.

I was also surprised she came to visit him and thus gave him her hairband and caused this paradox, because he would have never felt like he was missing something unless he was given the hairband, since Mithusa only switched with him because she wanted to be a tokyo boy i guess?

I refuse to give funimation a single cent for anything that isn't future crunchyroll licensed titles that they'll likely act as the publisher for (which will be hoping the cut they get is extremely minimal for this stuff), and shinkai's style honestly doesn't sound like the sort of thing that would make me willing to drop down on import costs so

I will be the 1% that doesn't ever see this most likely

Last edited:
I watched the trailer, and I really like the sound of this movie. Something about it just really interests me. Although some parts confused me a bit, that's kind of what makes me want to watch it more because hopefully i'll understand it more if I watch the movie. I'll definitely be checking this out though. Thanks for sharing :)

i think i might watch this tonight, can anyone tell me if it has a sad ending so i can emotionally prepare myself?

i think i might watch this tonight, can anyone tell me if it has a sad ending so i can emotionally prepare myself?

It's an emotional roller coaster, but as someone who prefers happy endings I was pretty satisfied.

I remember seeing this occasionally from friends advertising on facebook. I still want to watch it. Mmm....

I watched it pretty much right after it came out. Really great movie. It will definitely work into the rotation of movies I watch every year or so.

My husband wasn't very impressed with it though.

Back