• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Resetting Town, Should I?

CherryBlossomCrossing

time to get spooky yeet
Bells
Tasty Cake
It's been on my mind for a couple days now, I want to reset my town.

I would like to wait, however.
but at the same time, i don't.

Anyway, if i did, would anyone like to help?

I don't mind helping if you do. Also if you want my opinion if you should reset or not it really depends on what you want such as a fresh start or you feel like you've completed it the best you could, things like that.

If you haven't been playing for too long and don't like your map or your character's face, then go for it.

I reset my first town that I played for about a year. It was so cluttered with random items in my closet and way too many flowers. I didn't want to play because it was too annoying to try and organize everything and make the town look good. If you're bored with playing it, I'd say reset especially since Nook will pay you a lot!

I think it's worth it to reset. Cause you have the opportunity to fix everything you didn't like with the town.

It depends, if you're really unhappy with certain features that can't be changed such as the layout of your mayors house placement, then it's the best option.

It's been on my mind for a couple days now, I want to reset my town.

I would like to wait, however.
but at the same time, i don't.

Anyway, if i did, would anyone like to help?

I am going to relate my most recent experience....

I just reset one of my towns not featured here.

This was a town which generated about 117 or 118 million bells.

I took the installment payments (to make the value worth 131 million).

The duration is 100 days.

The problem with this is that any additional human characters get a small fraction, which is good enough for Day #01 to give Nook 10k bells to build a house. (The mayor gets 1.3 million per day. An additional human gets, I'm not quoting, between 25k to 28k per day.)

Had I taken lump sum, that would have been better. (I'm currently in the early days of the new town. I use secondary characters, briefly, to make sure I plot-set planned villagers to locate where I want them.)

I would say no to lump sum. You can make the bells [money] up separately. Get the secondary villagers; have them give up all their bells; eliminate them; repeat the process to your satisfaction.

Tom nook only appraises your town if your plaza tree is tier 3 and above so Tom nook would not show up In your situation

Yeah but the tree only grows depending the amount of hours you play and the best tree grows after 500 hours of gameplay

Back