• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is your favourite part of the game?

flowerhi

Bells
Personally, I dream of a museum with every inch of space filled with awesome art and fossils and the like. My friend recently made a lil' character of her own to live in my town too, and when she realised I spent most of my time (whilst on the game and also just generally in my life) trying to find new creatures and things to add to the collection she was genuinely shocked and asked me what the point in filling the museum was. Not that I think there's anything wrong with never even setting a foot in there, even though that would cause you to miss out on the lyrical ramblings of Blathers who is one of the best characters...*ECH EM* , I just always instinctively prioritise it over all other aspects of the game. Right now it isn't as full as I may be suggesting but I got my current game for my birthday at the end of last month so I've not been playing very long, although I did have New Leaf a few years ago (I stood on it lol) and back then I did the exact same thing, but I built up much more of a collection because I'd been playing far longer. ANYWAY, my friend then explained how her favourite part of the game was buying clothes and accessories every day and changing up her style, which is something I'm not particularly in to. I mean, my character is cute as heck obviously but I don't make a point of visiting Able Sisters other than to talk to Sable once a day. So it just got me thinking how much I under appreciated certain parts of this game that maybe other people love and I got super curious. I'd love to hear what everybody else spends most, or least of their time on the game doing. Gotta be some of you out there with museum fever, we could start a gang. :cool:

I enjoy gardening the most. If another spinoff game is ever developed like HHD, but instead Happy Gardening, I would totally buy that.

One of my favourite things to do after I launch the game is to wander around spotting if there are any new hybrids.

It used to be the interior decorating for me that I really loved, but after playing HHD I think I got sick of it, so lately I haven't done much inside my houses in ACNL. Now landscaping and constructing the town is my favorite part of the game.. it's such a long process but it's worth it in the end

I do love filling up my museum. I mostly just love collecting stuff, like rare furniture and clothes and the like.

Yeah, I can be a bit of a hoarder :p IRL my room is a mess

Filling up my museum or perhaps the AI (not the dialogue ... that **** sucks in this game). The AI feels so real; like, they'll change their clothes if they like the clothes you give them etc, etc.

Yes, the AI is much improved in NL. I enjoy watching my villagers shaking trees, planting and watering flowers.

I enjoy gardening also! I haven't ever purposely created a hybrid because I like to let the flowers spring wherever they like and that way when a cool new colour pops up it's totally surprising. I do water them all every day though haha. I like the interior designing too but I feel like I'll never get my house the way I really want it, idk. I have basically got a big empty house rn because I have a plan in mind for what I want but none of the furniture yet hahaha, who knows if I'll ever actually achieve it! And I do love to see my villagers walking around watering the flowers and such too, it makes the game feel more realistic. Once I've gotten my current town up to speed and all the shops are open etc I'll start working on the town development a bit more I think, at the moment it's a little bit bare bones-y.

I enjoy gardening the most. If another spinoff game is ever developed like HHD, but instead Happy Gardening, I would totally buy that.

One of my favourite things to do after I launch the game is to wander around spotting if there are any new hybrids.

Gardening is my favorite thing as well. Nothing can compare to the feeling that you get when you see the fruits of your labor.

Last edited:
Filling up my museum or perhaps the AI (not the dialogue ... that **** sucks in this game). The AI feels so real; like, they'll change their clothes if they like the clothes you give them etc, etc.

I know right! I feel like they really got lazy with the dialog in this game. Even wild world had much better dialog, i'm really hoping with the next game the villagers will have much more to say and feel more real.

Decorating my houses and hoarding more dlc items than I actually need.

i just love landscaping and planning out my town!! i love collecting my dream villagers and connecting all their patterns with pretty paths and flowers.. i love when i get to plant a huge row of trees or bushes or finally get to put down a cool pwp. the majority of my time playing animal crossing is spent wandering around aimlessly, half zoning out and half mentally planning my town

i just love being able to plan something so big and put it together slowly! and of course i love watching my villagers walk around and chat and everything

I love finding new hybrids each day also. And I love the excitement of getting to know a new villager when they move in.

Hmm the decorating (houses/outside) or the relationships with Villagers. Though I am getting a bit sick of Phil and his red/yellow flowers or clueless pings. Oh and the gardening and fishing is so relaxing!

I used to love fishing, sometimes I just press the UP button to see the starry sky I enjoy to contemplate it. Yup simple. :lemon:

I love gardening, landscaping, and interior designing! I love seeing when new hybrids appear or when saplings fully grow and it looks perfect. Interior designing is a bit tricky, but the update made it easier so now my houses look a little more presentable.

Honestly... I feel you on the museum. I never knew how much in depth I was to education and learning new secrets and "trivia" about animals and insects. Also plant life, in the inclusion particularly of the diving mechanic, and maybe a few tid bits with certain species. I love the museum.

At first, I didn't find it too appealing when I had Wild World... I was more into the decoration, customization, and simulation aspects. And although I still am, I learned to love reading all about the creatures... or maybe I did, and I was just so burnt out on education, haha.

However, I dearly miss making constellations. It was fun to make them, and then even more fun when Celeste told you how interesting the names were.

Some I thought were interesting that she thought was ridiculous, haha.

Interacting with the adorable villagers. I'm getting more into landscaping. I'm enjoying path designs.

Back