• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

something you wish you knew as a kid?

You are stronger and braver than you feel or realise. Whatever you're afraid of or stressed about, chances are it's not going to be a big deal at all and often doesn't have to have any permanent impact on your life at all. You can't please everyone, so listen to a select few trusted advisers and your own gut. Never be afraid to ask for help or admit when you're wrong.

Consequences. Knowing a lot of consequences that I have had, it was very depressing and hurt me so much in the long run than just a lesson learned.

Also:

Spend time with your parents, your grandparents, family members, and loved ones. You really don't know how much time anyone has left. It blind sides you when you think you have like, 20 more years, and really, you can have less than 10, less than 5, hell, even less than one.

That it's ok to help people, but it's not ok to neglect your own wellbeing in the process

The self deprecating humour on the internet may be funny but it isn't something to look at everyday. It doesn't help you heal. It keeps you stuck at where you are. As cheesy as those positive posts are, keep looking at them. Eventually you'll begin to believe them and they are more of a step to help you heal than reading those "joke" posts about depression.

Dont be so freaking awkward XD dont walk weird because you think people are watching you even when no ones is around. Just act normal and dont overthink things cx

Like... everything I know now. I just want to take 12 year old me and talk to her for several days on end. She might feel a lot better a lot sooner and avoid so much pain.

to my 9-13 year old self, stop throwing every single sketchbook away and be more confident about your art and yourself. just keep drawing. and don't stay inside all the time... be more social and try to interact with people. don't be so judgemental, give people a chance and remember unimportant things shouldn't be judged. also take better care of your hamster and do your homework

Mine is going to sound silly compared to everyone else...

Don't forget anything at the hotel. I lost a small plushie many years ago that I still haven't found a replacement for...

It's not as much as knowing something than rather being stronger and more confident in yourself.
And whatever you do, always put yourself first. Work on your future and your health, every day counts.

Don't trust anyone, the people you trust the most will eventually do something that will determine what you will become in the upcoming years...a sad pessimist.

If you want to take pictures, do it! It may be hard to ignore those people that are staring, but it's worth it to have actual pictures to remember the good times and not just faulty memories. It also makes the pictures so much more valuable when someone close to you dies, or if you die.

Also, mental illnesses may seem like the end of the world sometimes but they aren't. Sure, some days it's way harder than others to function, but you have to fight for those days where you won't want to fall asleep because you're so happy. It's hard to get there most times, but it's worth it. The symptoms don't make you insane, or weird.

Lastly, you don't have to be happy all the time. Most people usually only feel fine in their daily lives. It's also okay to be sad sometimes, just do your best not to let it completely take over.

Remember, when you're at a gathering or something, son't be that guy who brings his computer and sits around, forcing others to watch random videos that you think are funny. You may think they care, but their just being nice.

Wish I knew this...

you know, my vision was vastly different as a kid, it was so simple it bothers me now. now I know what people meant when they called me "innocent". there's just so much I discovered about life as an adult and I kind of wish I knew "the truth" back then, then I'd know how to act and what to say on certain situations, I was a dumb person back then even for a child's mentality.

I wish I knew that I don?t need to stay in a relationship with someone emotionally abusice. I can?t force someone to like me and I shouldn?t have to walk on eggshells 24/7 because I?m worried about upsetting said girl

Probably how cringy everything was I did because if I think of my early childhood I get so embarassed

So I try to ignore it so I don't suffer the mental consequences :)

Back