• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

something you wish you knew as a kid?

carp

happy go lucky
Bells
Coco
Mint
as there's a ton of young people here, proclaim some wisdom onto them! what's something you wish you knew as a wee bean?

for me, i wish i knew that it doesn't matter what people around you think of you.

dont do cringy ****because you're going to cringe at it for the next 10 years
stop
kid

I wish I knew I was going to move so far away from my home town so I would've started preparing earlier instead of frivolously spending money on things I no longer have.

Stop and think for at least 5 seconds before doing something please. I am a freaking wreck. If only the old me knew how bad things would be. ☻

Definitely not to worry about the school kid's drama. I've moved so many times that I don't speak or see any of my elementary classmates. They don't matter in the end and what they think of you doesn't matter.

- Don't be cringy.
- Don't be prejudice.
- Don't judge.
- Face your fears!
- Mental illness doesn't define you.

How popular gaming YouTube channels would get. I would have so taken advantage of that. My sister and I have some pretty funny commentary but it's always just us around to actually hear it. Too late to get on the bandwagon now unless you get lucky.

That Gracie doesn't want you and it's actually her sister I should be after because I'm going to have feelings for her when it's far too late

Things don't happen because you are a bad person or a good person. Things happen simply because they can. You can do everything right and still something can go wrong.

stop trying to make toxic people like you, if somebody doesn't like you they don't like you. end of story. they won't matter years from now.

Last edited:
- It's okay to be gay. As is being non binary.

- Don't let the fear of failure keep you from trying new things. (Unless it's something that's actually dangerous, ofc.)

- Try things with a open mind before you decide they're bad.

- Don't give up on good things just because they don't immediately turn out great. It's better to try and fail and learn from your mistakes than to never try at all.

I wish I knew I was autistic so I wouldn't have felt so broken and weird.

People doing or saying mean things to you don't always hate you.
People doing or saying nice things to you don't always like you.

That you don't have to change yourself for people to like you. People truly will like you for being yourself and if they don't then you don't need them.

This is what i would say to my past myself as a kid
To my 2005 (?) - 2010 (2 years old - 7 years old) self:
-Keep living your childhood , you are doing good
To my 2011 (8 years old) self:
-Keep living your childhood , but you need to do better at school
To my 2012 - 2014 (9 years old - 11 years old , last years of childhood)
-You did good , but don't do cringy stuff at school and at internet , besides , you are going to have a hard time in 2014 and 2015 , and lastly , never cry about what other people say about you. After all , they will pay for what they will do to you. Keep being strong.

Sadly , i can't say all of that to my past-self

Also , 2014 me : Being called gay or homosexual is not bad wtf , after all you will see years later (2016) how you are homosexual

Last edited:
-Don't get mad so often there is no real purpose to and not everyone is a mean @#$% ok?
-Enjoy what you have now, no two things can be the same
-Study more, games can come after!
-Control your emotions too, it isn't good to sprout nonsense and then regret later
-Help when you can, stand up for people who you see are being bullied
-Also forgive please no matter how upset or wrong you think someone is

Last edited:
Back