Winter Mittens
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Easter Egg
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Mailbox
Ancient Lantern
I put android in the title because there's no way I'm getting another windows phone. A windows phone is the reason why I want to get a new phone as I can't stand using this thing anymore.

I wanna ask for a phone for my birthday so I've started looking online for some. My limit is ?100 so that's making it tough on deciding on one. I've seen some that look like they could be ok but the reviews and the phones themselves are quite old now so it's hard to tell which of these phones still work well and can keep up with updated operating systems.

I know the camera quality isn't going to be great but I'm looking for the best one you can get for that price. Another thing I'm looking for is one with 2gb of ram as I'd like a phone that does well enough with games and apps. Of course the memory isn't much of an issue as long as I can use an sd card in the phone. I know these phones aren't going to have great battery but I know some people have said about the batteries draining constantly on some of them so that's another thing im trying to avoid. I don't want the phone to be second hand because they're more likely to go wrong and I need a phone that will last me for a few years.

I'm mostly just looking for a good all rounder that doesn't have any big issues with it and is good value for money. Basically the best phone for that price.

If anyone has a cheap phone or knows someone who does then please let me know your/their experience with it and if it's worth the money.

Last edited:
I don't think you're going to find one, sorry to say. I wanted an Android phone that could at least run Pokemon GO and still run current apps. The lowest I could find and that I bought was the Samsung Galaxy S4 for $200. My phone in particular has problems with battery life and the SIM card disconnecting sometimes. As well as not even having the Wi-Fi calling feature so it's virtually useless in the house where I have no reception.

I don't think you're going to find one, sorry to say. I wanted an Android phone that could at least run Pokemon GO and still run current apps. The lowest I could find and that I bought was the Samsung Galaxy S4 for $200. My phone in particular has problems with battery life and the SIM card disconnecting sometimes. As well as not even having the Wi-Fi calling feature so it's virtually useless in the house where I have no reception.

How long ago was it you got a phone? I was looking at some budget phones for less than that and saw a conversation for one where they were saying they could play pokemon go and this conversation was from 7 months ago.

WiFi call isn't an issue for me as my signal works fine in my place.

- - - Post Merge - - -

how about a brick

Omg yes, a brick. That's a terrific and helpful idea. Thanks so much! I would of never thought of that. We all know bricks work so well.

Well, looks like I don't need to look any further. Seriously, thank you so much for changing my life.

Last edited:
How long ago was it you got a phone? I was looking at some budget phones for less than that and saw a conversation for one where they were saying they could play pokemon go and this conversation was from 7 months ago.

Hmm... it was a few months after Pokemon GO so maybe October or something? There are other phones that run Pokemon GO but I wanted one with gyroscope capabilities meaning seeing the Pokemon with the cell phone camera rather than the generated world. Thinking back that was silly because I ended up switching to the generated world anyways because it was easier to catch Pokemon. For some reason the GPS sucks on my phone but works fine on my parents phones even though we got the same phone. So I guess be careful if you order it online like I did. I got mine new on Amazon, yet it still has some strange issues with it.

Last edited:
Hmm... it was a few months after Pokemon GO so maybe October or something? There are other phones that run Pokemon GO but I wanted one with gyroscope capabilities meaning seeing the Pokemon with the cell phone camera rather than the generated world. Thinking back that was silly because I ended up switching to the generated world anyways because it was easier to catch Pokemon. For some reason the GPS sucks on my phone but works fine on my parents phones even though we got the same phone. So I guess be careful if you order it online like I did. I got mine new on Amazon, yet it still has some strange issues with it.

So basically all the info you told me is pointless as I never intended to play pokemon go and gyroscope isn't needed for me. Lol

Last edited:
Omg yes, a brick. That's a terrific and helpful idea. Thanks so much! I would of never thought of that. We all know bricks work so well.

Well, looks like I don't need to look any further. Seriously, thank you so much for changing my life.

no worries babe

I have a BLU Studio C 5+5 smartphone that I got for under $100. Works really well and I can play Mario Run and Fire Emblem heroes just fine, not sure what kind of games you wish to run. I'm sure you could find a more current BLU smartphone that could fit your needs. Good luck.

I have a BLU Studio C 5+5 smartphone that I got for under $100. Works really well and I can play Mario Run and Fire Emblem heroes just fine, not sure what kind of games you wish to run. I'm sure you could find a more current BLU smartphone that could fit your needs. Good luck.

I'm not finding that one on amazon so that's going to have to be a no. Thanks though. :)

I bought my Google Nexus 5 off Ebay for just under $200 CAD. It was the best deal on that phone I could find. It was refurbished but I don't mind. I've had it for around two years now and it works great!

Whatever type of phone you think you want, I'd look for used ones on Ebay. Read the full listing and user's reviews and you should be safe with a purchase.

I bought my Google Nexus 5 off Ebay for just under $200 CAD. It was the best deal on that phone I could find. It was refurbished but I don't mind. I've had it for around two years now and it works great!

Whatever type of phone you think you want, I'd look for used ones on Ebay. Read the full listing and user's reviews and you should be safe with a purchase.

That's not ?100. I'm look for phones for ?100 at the most.

I have a a466bg alcatel android, it only cost me like 30-40$ and it has like 4GB

Try looking for second-hand phones as they can get easy to find when the next big thing comes out. Try looking for the popular ones such as Galaxy S's and iPhones, unless you explicitly want Android.

I know new phones under ?50 will tend to have poor viewing angles with their displays. I don't have all that much advice for good specs and such. Your best bet is to look at Amazon reviews and non-sponsored video reviews on YouTube.

I know it's a bit more expensive and it's not an android, but I'd recommend getting an iPhone 5s! It's now going for around $150 USD and while it's fairly old, it's still a pretty nice phone. It's also smart to look into getting a refurbished or used model of a phone as they go for a lot less.

Here's the video where I heard about it

Hope this helps! c:

Back