• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

When did you buy your copy?

moonford

moon boi
Bells
Ruby
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Leif
When did you buy your copy of new leaf?

I bought mine on release day in Europe, however I've restarted a few times and my game file corrupted twice (I think), I've finally found the perfect town and I hope I have it forever. c:

I actually got my copy a couple of weeks after release because I was dead set on getting the limited edition 3DS XL. The guy at our local toystore had to pull some strings since they weren't supposed to get them so sadly I couldn't get it on release. In the end it was all worth it though. I love my lil' poptart. <3

I bought mine the day it was released in the U.S.. June 9th, 2013, I believe. One day before my birthday. I remember sitting in the parking lot of Toys R Us, during an early morning, inserting it into my 3DS for the first time. I'd never been more excited.

I got mine on 2/12/14, I actually thought it was an adventure game the first time i saw it

A few days ago. All these years I've been happily playing Wild World but I watched a video of New Leaf and had to buy it when I saw all the new fruit trees and flowers available. I wonder if I'll be playing this game for twelve years too!

I bought a digital copy.

I bought my (first) copy on July 10, 2013. I haven't reset that town, and it's ugly as heck but it's my precious baby. <3 Man was it an adventure trying to get that game. Tried all the GameStops, Toys r Us, and Targets where I live but couldn't find a copy. The guy at Toys r Us told me that all their stores in California were sold out. I ended up finding a used copy at a GameStop I never go to. I was surprised to find a used copy because the game had only been out for a month, but I'm not complaining! :p

Last edited:
I bought a physical copy at launch along with the XL bundle which has the digital copy. Then a few weeks/months later, I got another physical because my girlfriend intercepted my copy and opted to play with it instead lol. I wanted to play on a separate unit (not the AC bundle) so there's that, then another digital when I've decided to make a cycling town.

I got mine on American release date. Man, that was a VERY GOOD YEAR!

Last edited:
I got my first copy near the end of June 2013 and my second copy March 2014 when I got my new 3DS. :)

I got my first copy in April of 2016. My grandson gave it to me. It was a game in progress. I bought my second copy a few months ago when it became a Nintendo Select. Just started it a couple weeks ago. I loved starting my own town and I love that I knew so much about it that I reset for the town layout. It only took eleven tries.

I preordered mine as soon as I could and was able to get the limited edition New Leaf 3ds. I love it just as much today as when I excitedly unboxed it!

I actually got mine a couple years ago, but I didn't buy it. My grandmother had bought it for herself, decided that she didn't like it after all, and gave it to me. I reset my original town a couple months ago, and now I've got a nice town that I like a lot better.

june 18th, 2013, along with my first ever 3DS! it was a graduation present :)

I got my first copy on December 25, 2013 along with my first 3DS. They were Christmas presents. Since I wasn't really sure what the game was about, I didn't play it until the 27th when I finished Scribblenauts Unlimited. When I started playing, I was instantly addicted to the freedom of the game and the adorable villagers. I am still addicted to AC:NL, of course. My second copy was a present from Christmas 2016. I don't really pay as much attention to it but I love having room for 10 extra villagers I love.

Just over two years ago. Whenever I street passed people, it was always their "favourite game" and recently played. I got curious because it always seemed like a childish game based off the cover. I wanted to know why so many people liked it and I watched a Let's Play on YouTube. It seemed interesting so I bought it in the eShop. Loved it and now it's one of my fave games. :)

Three days later the game arrive to the stores. I remember i was to excited because thank God i have the money to buy it.

Back