Foods you hated but now love

Although I'm still a fussy eater, my relationship with food before was extremely unhealthy. I never went near any meats, vegetables, or fruits so as a child I grew up eating processed foods such as biscuits, breakfast bars, savoury snacks (crisps and fries) and of course, chocolate. This was also partly due to having a low family income so the cheaper option at the time were processed foods. Now looking back, I wonder where on earth I got my nutrients from, I was a horribly skinny child. However, I did begin to develop a taste for fresh foods such as fruit and vegetables around the pre-teen years so ever since I was this age, I have been more adventurous with foods and I've not been afraid to try new products. I still reject some foods but I also keep my options open. It's funny how our preferences change over time! :D

I always hated strawberry milk, but I just had it for the first time in YEARS today and I chugged it. It tasted fantastic! It was creamy like whole milk and didn't have too strong of an "artificial" or syrup-ey flavor. I know I'll be drinking way more strawberry milk in the upcoming future, that's for sure!

Macaroni salad. I didn't prefer it as an infant but I love it now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Although I'm still a fussy eater, my relationship with food before was extremely unhealthy. I never went near any meats, vegetables, or fruits so as a child I grew up eating processed foods such as biscuits, breakfast bars, savoury snacks (crisps and fries) and of course, chocolate. This was also partly due to having a low family income so the cheaper option at the time were processed foods. Now looking back, I wonder where on earth I got my nutrients from, I was a horribly skinny child. However, I did begin to develop a taste for fresh foods such as fruit and vegetables around the pre-teen years so ever since I was this age, I have been more adventurous with foods and I've not been afraid to try new products. I still reject some foods but I also keep my options open. It's funny how our preferences change over time! :D

This was also me, although it was more influenced on my family's income. Throughout time, I slowly ate more unhealthy foods, until recently, when I moved in with my mother, a person that was actually concerned with my health. Now she feeds me a diet that I am pretty satisfied with. Every night when we aren't all dead, we cook a nice dinner. Tonight we had asparagus with some baked chicken and pasta.

Tomatoes. I never liked raw tomato (cooked has always been fine), but now I actually like it. Sliced tomato is good on sandwiches and cherry tomatoes are good by themselves, or dipped in hummus.

Pretty much all condiments. Mustard, mayonnaise, ketchup, sour cream, salad dressings are all things I used to hate but now love a lot!

Last edited:
Broccoli, Camembert, spinach, carrots, oranges, nuts. Basically anything that was healthy when I was younger I didn't like. There's this red pickle thing that they serve at Japanese curry restaurants that I used to hate but now I always eat it with my curry.

Avocado. I honestly still struggle to eat it alone, but I love it on sandwiches or wraps.

This ProViva drink we got here, which is basically fermented oat with random fruits/berries/etc. in it in different flavors. Used to hate it because I tasted the rose hip one as a kid and it tasted cough meds but now I've started to like it and it's good for your tum :3

olives, and coke, that's all i can really think of right now. just some foods/drinks i used to hate.

Meatloaf and hard boiled eggs. Now they're my favorite, especially my mom puts a hard boiled egg in the meatloaf. Yum!

Avocados, sweet potato fries, Mac and cheese, any kind of pickle, and Doritos. The only sandwich I would eat was a peanut butter jelly, which is still my favorite, but I will order a sandwich from where I work from time to time. I'm still not going to make a sandwich with lunch meat at home but I've branched out a little :) I love avocado now but they're so expensive and spoil so quickly I don't buy them often. I can't even order extra from work on a sandwich or something because the restaurant pays like $60 for a small box of them.

peas

as a kid I'd always separate peas from the rest of my food and put it in the dogs bowl lmao. after finally giving it a chance about a year ago, I discovered they're pretty good in curry. still won't eat peas by themselves though :lemon:

lmao..My sister and I once ran back and forth to the bathroom, throwing our peas in the toilet and flushing them. We thought we were so slick, with Mom and Dad in the den eating, so they couldn't see what we were doing. Of course the bathroom was past the den, so we had to run behind Mom and Dad sitting on the couch to go there..LOL..Mom told me years later she and Dad were laughing at us doing that. Of course WE thought we were so smart, fooling our parents! :)

I used to hate steak, wouldn't eat it as a kid. I like it now, but really only eat Ribeye.

Back