• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Foods you hated but now love

I used to not like beans and thought they were just flavorless sacks of mush. Now they taste pretty good in chili or soup.

I used to avoid guacamole whenever mom made it but some years ago I decided to try it and now it's one of my favorite foods!

Sprouts! I really hated sprouts as a kid, I'm talking like bean sprouts not brusselsprouts because I haven't really eaten them ever cause my mom hates them. But I love sprouts now. A lot of veggies I disliked as a child, cause you know I was a ****-baby and hated everything green, but I love broccoli now which I know for sure I hated.

Green beans and asparagus! I'm still trying to like most other vegetables though.

Most vegetables and salads, and different kind of meats. Just the food my parents love that I refused to eat.

i hated pizza, fries, ketchup, burgers, cheese as a kid

now i love mcdonalds burgers and fries. i also eat fries w ketchup
i have pizza every week too

most pizza toppings and anything apple related

Mushrooms, watermelon and pineapple. I really like pineapple now, I even drink the juice. Something I never would have done years ago.

i didnt like tom kha when i was smaller but now that im older i can appreciate its taste.

Coleslaw! I loathed it as a child and hesitated for years to try it again, but coworkers at a restaurant I worked at convinced me to try a blue cheese variety that was our top requested side and I immediately fell in love. Now I love all kinds of coleslaw, but the one that converted me will always be my favorite.

I might get some this weekend, actually.

Mushrooms and melon, specifically watermelon.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ooooh, and brussel sprouts :blush:

Beans. I really like them in things like a chilly or a curry. I still can't stand baked beans though. They're so gross to me. Any other beans are good though. :)

Pea soup. I used to hate it when I was younger since I always got those really watery things but then I tried my bf's brother's take on it with more pork and rather a thick sauce/mash than watery thing with just small peas on it and now I kinda like it as long as it's thick and stuff and not watery.

guacamole/avocados the color/texture really had me set off

one thing i hate but can never like no matter how much i try is peas... but i will eat pea pods plain and cold now!

Back