• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Things you would change about the place you are living in.

Would definitely increase the amount of investment in public transport here in Ireland, particularly in rural areas like where I live. We only get two or three buses coming through the village a day and a lot of them are at awkward times, so you'd have to plan trips into town a day or so in advance. The nearest train station to where I live is about three buses away and even then, it mostly just has stops in major cities and a few commuter towns, so I'd definitely like to see improvements in the availability of rail transport too.

I would improve the street food/cheap food quality and food quality in general. Get rid of those ****ty ingredients and have actual healthy food available for all to eat. I know it's more expensive but it's better for everyone's health.

I'd also change the safety and cleanliness of the cities. No more litter and dirty areas. Make people somehow give a **** about the place they live in. As well, make it a safer place to live where you can walk around at night without being worried about being hurt.

Having the bullet train between Melbourne and Sydney take less than 50 years to build would be great.

Stop allowing historical/ monumental buildings being turned into supermarkets.

Having public transport system that is easily accessible and perhaps reduce the fee by 60%
I probably spent $3 - $6 per day travelling to 5 different areas a day while in Japan or Singapore, whereas flat rate for travelling exceeding 3 hours (as in touch on and touch off) would cost $8.20.
For example, if needed to take a train in the morning for 25 minutes to my destination; and return at the end of the day it would cost $8.20. It would be cheaper if it was charged by distance instead because heck yeah 30c - $1 tickets.

Public transport connecting to the airport, although some people argue the existing system is fine. Poor tourists paying $40 round trip on public transport even though they could be spending $17.

Also would be nice if they rebuilt a train station once, instead of twice within 5 months and changing the total design of the station. It's such a waste of money that could be used on something (such as maintaining our heritage sites).

The police arriving when you hit the panic button would also be great.

The traffic. I live in a small town and the traffic has gotten so bad over the last 10 years. I hate it so much that I want to move away.

I'd rather live up north, colder weather is my jam. I also rather ya know, not be stuck living with my mom and sister, that'd be neat.

Decrease the humidity and heat, decrease the traffic, make the city more sustainable, and actually have seasons! I'm from Houston :p

I live in suburban Texas south of Houston. My house is really cluttered up, and I wanna change that one day but i'm just too lazy

For half the population to go away. It's too crowded here. (I'm going to be moving eventually, though)
And for way better public transportation that's safe, clean, and not just for scary drug addicts.

Back