Zelda LEAST favourite Zelda game and why?

It is interesting there are such strong feelings for Twilight Princess. It seems it is either love it or hate it. I love it because I think the character designs in that game look awesome and it is really fun to be a wolf. The Zora temple is so hard though. I kept getting lost.

I have only played a few of them, but my least favorite Zelda game is Skyward Sword. The stamina wheel really killed it for me. I found it really annoying when Link would stop suddenly while in danger because he needed to catch his breath. It also took me forever to beat Ghirahim the first time because I was confused by the motion controls and he would keep grabbing my sword. Hyrule Warriors made me want to try this game again because Ghirahim is cool, but now I hate the spirit orb challenge things. I always hated timed challenges and you are hunted in these ones so it is terrifying. I hate how some of them force you to wake up the monsters or if you get them in the wrong order, you can never get certain ones without getting caught.

Last edited:
I'd probably have to say Spirit Tracks. I haven't played it in forever, but last time I played it in my 14 year old naive body, I remember it just felt like a porter version of Phantom Hourglass with a few updated features.

I'd probably have to say Spirit Tracks. I haven't played it in forever, but last time I played it in my 14 year old naive body, I remember it just felt like a porter version of Phantom Hourglass with a few updated features.

I never played the one but wanted to...until I saw a video of it. I don't think I missed too much.

Probably one of the 2D Zelda's... Probably A Link Between Worlds. The game lacked direction, the renting of items is dumb. I bought the game but stopped playing it really quickly, lacking motivation. I guess it just doesn't help that it's just ALTTP again. Nintendo has done the ALTTP-theme to death.

Breath of the Wild is oddly enough an open world game that has a similar lack of linearity but 100% has that Zelda magic and has kept me playing the whole way through. BoTW is how you handle a less-linear format, not ALBW.

I wasn't too keen on Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks tbh.
I'm also probably in the minority here, but I wasn't *that* keen on Majora's Mask, compared to the other Zelda games. It's good,
but it's my least favourite overall I'd say

Least favourite? I'd have to say Skyward Sword. I know Zelda games have always been kind of linear in a sense but SS was so closed-off and repetitive that it just became a chore to play. I could go on and on about the things I dislike about this game but it'd probably go on for ages. Hated the world, hated the characters, hated the Silent Realms, and hated the motion controls.

BUT, all that being said, I did like what they were trying to do with the story... I just didn't like the way it was implemented. It was a great concept, but had poor execution in my opinion. I've thought about SS a lot and I really did try to enjoy it, but I just... Couldn't. It's kind of sad because I felt like the game started off great and was going in a good direction, but at some point it strays from that entirely and it goes downhill from there. Don't get me wrong though, there are some parts that I thoroughly enjoyed but sadly it wasn't enough. The dungeons were pretty good, but the overworld was severely lacking, in short.

Phantom Hourglass is another one I didn't like. It's been a long time since I've played it, I can't really remember my biggest complaints about the game, but it was enough to turn me off Spirit Tracks when that came out, and I still haven't played that. I'm sure it's not a bad game per se, I think I was probably too enchanted by Wind Waker at the time and expected a similar experience, which in retrospect was kind of stupid of me because it was on the DS and would never match the scale of a home console game, but you know, I was only like 12 or something at the time so I didn't really understand these things. I might revisit it at some point just to re-evaluate.

Skyward Sword lasted way too long and I was so bored of it. The motion controls pissed me off and I really didn't enjoy any of it.

Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were my least favorite games. I have beaten Phantom Hourglass but it seemed too easy. I never beat Spirit Tracks because I got bored real quick with it. I didn't like the fact that I was limited to a train to explore the land in Spirit Tracks.

Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were my least favorite games. I have beaten Phantom Hourglass but it seemed too easy. I never beat Spirit Tracks because I got bored real quick with it. I didn't like the fact that I was limited to a train to explore the land in Spirit Tracks.

Spirit Tracks was decent but those stupid ****ing pipe whistle blowing into the microphone things were **** especially in the final battle.

Twilight Princess for the Wii is probably my least favorite, only because of the AWFUL controls. Motion Controls is one thing, but simply twitching a Wii Remote to use your sword doesn't really get me immersed in the game; it only makes it worse. I've never played Skyward Sword, but that looks like a game you could get up and move a little with your arms (because it actually matters). I feel Twilight Princess tried to do something like that, but because the controls and sensitivity were as basic as they get, it was bland and took away from the gameplay.

BUT, I got TP HD for the Wii U, and because of the simply button-pressing on the Wii U, I can actually focus on the gameplay and story without having to remember to twitch my wrist every time I want to swing a sword.

I guess at the moment out of all the games I've played and finished, Skyward Sword would be my least favorite though the "HD" uprez of Twilight Princess kind of sours my experience with TP. But my general dissatisfaction from SKyward Sword mainly comes from the fact that it was so easy for Wii-Motion Plus/Wii Remotes to become desynced while playing so I was constantly having to resync whenever I noticed steering or slicing was awkward. Pair that with a nasty harp and it really was just frustrating at times. Otherwise I really enjoyed Skyward Sword.

I hate Twilight Princess too! I get pretty negative responses when I voice my opinions about that game haha. One summer, I replayed all the main titles. It still ranked pretty low on my list. I liked it more the second time around but I still don't like it. I don't really like Midna. However, the worst main title is Spirit Tracks in my opinion. I really liked Phantom Hourglass so I was expecting to like Spirit Tracks. Boy was I wrong.

I'd say the DS games since I'm not a fan of Toon Link and the abuse of those consoles, especially the touchscreen in PH. Not a fan of the 64 era either, those games are heavily overrated and way too puzzle-aimed for me to enjoy (majora's mask) and graphics abuse (oot).

zelda ii and link's awakening
even though ballad of the wind fish is one of my favorite tracks in the series despite it piercing everyones ears when marin "sings"

Last edited:
I looove Link's Awakening tbh, so much things to do on a handheld game man.. And the right amount of difficult for me to enjoy -sneers at certain other games-

update: month later, still stuck in the forest temple in TP. can't throw this stupid bug-bomb-thing because the controls are rubbish. can't tell if midna gets more useful throughout the game because i'm still STUCK AT THE BEGINNING

- - - Post Merge - - -

TFW YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW A MONSTER'S NAME BECAUSE MIDNA JUST REPEATS WHAT YOU ALREADY KNOW

"we should do what that monkey wants"

LIKE YEA IK THAT OK, JUST GIVE ME A HINT OR SOMETHING

can't tell if midna gets more useful throughout the game because i'm still STUCK AT THE BEGINNING
She doesn't.
But hey, at least she's saying something somewhat relevant to the place you're at, instead of "yea um, u shud save zeldoo rite nao." Okay that's the entire objective of the game so how does that help me in any way trying to solve this puzzle at [Insert dungeon here].

Last edited:
Back