Nintendo Direct - April 12th, 2017

I like the way tonight's North American Nintendo Direct was presented. It was on-point without wasting a lot of our time, even if the ARMS and Splatoon 2 were the focus of the broadcast. For such a short while, it felt like that we're being overloaded with information!

That being said, the content shown during the entire presentation really is a run-of-the-mill affair by Nintendo Direct standards. I get that they're trying to hold off their much more intriguing announcements at E3 2017 until two months later. However, it doesn't hurt having one of the bigger guns being unveiled before that very day to leave their fans a better impression.

Yeah I agree, the way this direct was present d was great and cut out on so much of the time wasting we're used to. I hope they keep this former for future ones because it was great.

The actual direct itself was meh. I'm okay with it though since E3 is just around the corner. I'm excited for MH Stories, as well as the Bayonetta and new Zelda amiibo, and that new salmon mode in Splatoon looks great.

Excited for Hey! Pikmin and Ever Oasis. The 3DS still has a lot of games coming up this year. Not sure if I'm going to enjoy ARMS but I'll be getting that neon yellow joy-con for sure!

I LOVE the July 21th date of release for Splatoon 2 , for some reason that is a day i like a lot , and also , at that time i will be in my summer vacation , so im sure when i get out of school (July 18th or June 30th) i will get my Nintendo Switch!

As for ARMS (another game i wanted to see) its...Okay...The new characters and gloves are good , however we need to see more characters and stages and more information about this game or else this game will be forgotten :(

As for everything else , i couldn't care less . Perhaps i only care about Kirby and the new amiibos but that's it.
Im sure for other hyping this (VC and other games) we will se more about these in E3 or Fall.

I'm currently enjoying the free to play Kirby game that came out today. It's going to eventually be really tedious for me like Pokemon Rumble World was, but I'm going to try to not mind that because Kirby is my favorite video game franchise.
I'm also really curious what the third Kirby game mentioned in the direct is going to be. All they really said was it would be multiplayer? What would that mean?

Last edited:
I'm way more excited for the new yellow joy-cons and the Zelda amiibos coming out. I literally freaked when I saw the Majora's Mask one.

Good god those pukeyellow joy-cons are ugly.

Salmon Run sounds rad though. I can see it becoming more popular than "normal" Splatoon honestly.

Excited for Hey! Pikmin and Ever Oasis. The 3DS still has a lot of games coming up this year. Not sure if I'm going to enjoy ARMS but I'll be getting that neon yellow joy-con for sure!

Pikmin? There's a new pikmin game announced? Okay, now I'm interested!

No one on my social media mentioned anything particularly interesting to me either but... I am super hyped for

Lady Layton
Great Ace Attorney 2
The Snack World
Youkai Watch Shinuichi (or whatever the localised ver is called)

Also Nights of Azure 2 on the Switch.
So far, my only interest in the Switch is for PuyoPuyo Tetris because the Vita got neglected.

I honestly haven't felt this excited since the Professor Layton x Ace Attorney crossover.

Oh man there are more Link amiibos. I might get the Twilight Princess one, but it is pretty similar to the Smash Link. Too bad there is no Ghirahim amiibo. Though I might be able to paint a Corrin one to look like him. :p

There's another Ace Attorney game? Cool! I should really beat Spirit of Justice.

It's the sequel to the unlocalised game with Sherlockian influences though, so no need to rush∼

No one on my social media mentioned anything particularly interesting to me either but... I am super hyped for

Lady Layton
Great Ace Attorney 2
The Snack World
Youkai Watch Shinuichi (or whatever the localised ver is called)

Also Nights of Azure 2 on the Switch.
So far, my only interest in the Switch is for PuyoPuyo Tetris because the Vita got neglected.

I honestly haven't felt this excited since the Professor Layton x Ace Attorney crossover.

Wait why does Great Ace Attorney look like Phoenix Wright? The characters look similar to just more realistic ;-;

Good god those pukeyellow joy-cons are ugly.

I think you mean banana flavored

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wait why does Great Ace Attorney look like Phoenix Wright? The characters look similar to just more realistic ;-;

creativity is dead

they killed it after apollo justice backlash

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lady Layton
Great Ace Attorney 2

do you live in japan or were you just watching the japanese direct for some other reason?

I'm very excited for ARMS and Splatoon 2. I really wanna get the yellow joycons too.
Pikmin 3DS and Ever Oasis interest me a lot, but I don't know when I'll be able to get them, because I wanna spend my money on Switch games first and foremost.

I really hope you can shut the arms announcer off, or can otherwise just use the jp announcer

I actually ended up having to mute that part of the stream due to how grating he was

(granted the narrator guy for the splatoon 2 bit was pretty painful too, but I doubt we'll be seeing much, if any, of him in the actual game)

Last edited:
Great Ace Attorney takes place in the Meiji Period and is set up to be the ancestors of Phoenix, so that's why they're similar.

I don't live in Japan. I'm not interested in most popular titles such as the Mario Bros / Zelda series because they're either rehashes or they didn't manage to hook me in. (I only play Mario on the NES, my most recent experiences come from playing demos. Regarding Zelda, I've spent half an hour on the DS games and stopped... ).

Level-5 games has this specific charm that I absolutely love, so I tend to pay attention to their works more; and the same with GUST.
Ace Attorney is probably all that I pay attention to from Sega. There's a consistency in style, story, humour and music which creates a harmonious fantasy that I really enjoy.

And hey, at least Lady Layton should be localised this year, so that's still somewhat relevant.

I know my tastes are pretty niche, but I'm happy for anyone who's happy with the announcements

Back