• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

stuff you would like to see in the next AC game

I hadn't heard anything about a new game coming out for the switch. I will have to check that out.

Haven't heard anything about ac for the switch either, just assumed a new mainstream game would be for it.
There's the mobile ac possibly coming out (the one they put back to sometime ??; which presumably would tie in with a new Switch ac game. (or maybe to acnl).

I checked, games on the switch do save to the unit not the game cart. Seen it said that with a pay for online service, we might get the ability to save to the cloud. But its guessing, not fact.

What I don't like about AC is how the whole town is confined in a box. I would love to see actual forests you could visit. Mountains. Not every animal needs to live in the village either, some might prefer to live alone, like in a cabin in the woods or something. I'm not gonna say "open world" because I'm not looking for the vastness that is BotW, but I'd like to be able to visit different locations in an AC.

What I don't like about AC is how the whole town is confined in a box. I would love to see actual forests you could visit. Mountains. Not every animal needs to live in the village either, some might prefer to live alone, like in a cabin in the woods or something. I'm not gonna say "open world" because I'm not looking for the vastness that is BotW, but I'd like to be able to visit different locations in an AC.

^^This. I realize that 3DS hardware limitations confined ACNL's town to be small-ish and box-like. But, if AC were to be released on the Switch, developers would have so much more to work with when developing the town.

Animal Crossing Switch's town maps could be fully fleshed out with true environmental variations like forests, hills, mountain areas, grasslands, swamps, deserts, tundra, etc.

What if in the beginning of the upcoming game, you could tell Rover all about the new town you're moving to? Like, your answers would determine the kind of climate you'd be living in. Different climates between players' towns would further encourage Wi-fi interactions, because traveling would be more rewarding. Visiting your friend's town would change from visiting a slightly altered town layout, to visiting a place with an entirely different climate, filled with different land formations, vegetation, and weather, etc.

Aghhhh AC Switch's potential is so exciting to me. :3

Last edited:
Well all these comments about the switch peaked my curiosity and it sure sounds promising that another AC game will come out on that system! Apparently when you sign on to play you choose a game icon and there are quite a few AC choices among the choices. Now I am all excited about the possibility also. It sure reminds me of the exciting hints that dribbled out piece by piece before New Leaf came out. How we studied every article and video we could get our hands on!

I doubt this would ever happen, but I think it would be amazing if the game wasn't just a small town, but a big world all connected together with different biomes. So for example, when you start your town you have just the small forest that we're all familiar with, and as you go along you unlock different areas that are all different. Like a big city that is a combination of what we have in New Leaf, along with the buildings in HHD and an apartment building. And then an area that is a higher elevation to the rest of the town, and it's a mountainous forest area filled with cedars. And a desert, and a tropical island, and so on. And then since the area is so big, every villager can come live in your town and you can place their house in the area you feel is best.

So like a villager like Erik would live in the mountains, and Marina would live on the island. And then more modern villagers could live in the appartments in the city and so on. I just think an idea like this would be cool.

I'd just honestly like villagers to never move lol. I want to be able to "lock" then in. ;__;
House placement would be nice as well for new villagers.
So, really just more control and customization.

I'd also like them to return Blanca to her original design where you draw her face. So mad they changed it.

Also, if they could steal the holding hands with npcs aspect from fable, that'd be sweet. I just want to hold hands and drag Octavian around town. @__@

Last edited:
^^This. I realize that 3DS hardware limitations confined ACNL's town to be small-ish and box-like. But, if AC were to be released on the Switch, developers would have so much more to work with when developing the town.

Animal Crossing Switch's town maps could be fully fleshed out with true environmental variations like forests, hills, mountain areas, grasslands, swamps, deserts, tundra, etc.

What if in the beginning of the upcoming game, you could tell Rover all about the new town you're moving to? Like, your answers would determine the kind of climate you'd be living in. Different climates between players' towns would further encourage Wi-fi interactions, because traveling would be more rewarding. Visiting your friend's town would change from visiting a slightly altered town layout, to visiting a place with an entirely different climate, filled with different land formations, vegetation, and weather, etc.

I would like to see all of this combined with the ease of placing things i.e. you can choose where villagers build etc.

Some black and pink pansies would be pretty great.

We were basically teased with the terrain ideas with HHD. Maybe that shows Nintendo is prepared to take more of a plunge change-wise though. They're kind of notorious for wanting to keep their games the same, so much so that hardly anything new is added to new releases. The Mario and AC games are good examples of that.

A villager roomie would be awesome.

Also I'd like to see;
The ability to put down plots where villagers can choose from to move in
New themes for pwps like candy, goth, etc
Longer hair
Why can't I have a pet cat for my cat tree?? I can have a frog with a frog villager!
And oh. my. god. Kitten and bat villagers.

Loving all these terrific ideas! Wouldn't it be great if there could be more interactive birds too. Maybe there could be plants available to attract hummingbirds.

I'd love to be able to create your town map. I have OCD so it takes me forever to pick a map & one rock in the wrong place or the wrong native fruit can ruin the whole town for me. Being able to break rocks would be awesome too. Also I wish villagers had to ask if they could move in & you were able to pick where their house goes. Different villagers, I'd love to see bats, sharks, lizards, hedgehogs, chinchillas, & otters.

I really hope they finally fix this:
IMG_20170412_092357.jpg

Another thing I just remembered from Wild World - red turnips! You could plant those and they grew in size and value. That's the best thing we've seen so far that made AC similar to Harvest Moon. But they scrapped it in NL. Why?

Probably an overlooked feature but...more than 8 characters for a town name. I hope for at least 10. Maybe then people will actually have the word "town" in their town names.

Other than that, I would like to see more interesting PWPs.

An in-game note pad so you can write notes about your villagers. I am forever forgetting to be home for a visit.

Probably an overlooked feature but...more than 8 characters for a town name. I hope for at least 10. Maybe then people will actually have the word "town" in their town names.

Yes! Also more characters for name, greetings and catchphrases as well as the comment in the town pass ID thing. The low character count in animal crossing games is the bane of my AC existence!

Last edited:
I just really want a bigger map. At least twice the size would be great.

Definitely being able to choose where villagers houses go. For example if someone was moving in Isabelle might say "Skye is planning to move in soon, why don't you help her with her house placement".

I think having more than 10 villagers would be a must, maybe increased to 15. There is just too many to choose from! A few more Main Street shops would be cool. Maybe even something else added to the campground, it is good but I feel it is a little lacking.

Last edited:
Back