• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

stuff you would like to see in the next AC game

Gruntilda

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
I'm sure this topic has been brought up lots of times but something occured to me yesterday while O'Hare was visiting my house. He said that it was so comfy that he would like to move in. Wouldn't it be great if we could have a villager roomie?!! What other stuff would you like to see in the future?

The ability to redecorate villager interiors similar to what we do in HHD (also, at least their room space should be max). Not just rely on giving furniture and pray that they'd place them in an ideal place, which isn't always happening lol

Last edited:
More villagers, at least twelve. Bigger beach area, maybe with furniture, beach huts.

-Bat and snake villagers.. oh and KITTEN villagers!!! we have cubs/bears, dogs/wolves, but just cats and no kittens?! come on
-A bigger map with a bigger beach
-At least two new personality type villagers, and the ability to have 12 villagers
-More customization options when it comes to your mayor's appearance, like picking a skin tone
-An easier way of placing houses and PWPs, like maybe a grid comes up that shows where it can and can't go
-More space for saving designs on each character
-Maybe even the ability to play not as a human but as an animal, like a villager!
-Better dialogue between you and the villagers

Last edited:
When villager want to make plans to meet at one of our houses, I'd like the option to say "Now! It's now or never!" (or in 5 minutes, if they really need time to "get ready", whatever that means). And then they can accept or decline. I feel like there's enough planning in real life. I don't want to have to remember keep an appointment with a character in a game. This is why I normally decline and then they make the disappointed emote and then I do the same thing mentally.

sounds really small, but being able to plant cedar saplings in the south

-Bat and snake villagers.. oh and KITTEN villagers!!! we have cubs/bears, dogs/wolves, but just cats and no kittens?! come on
-A bigger map with a bigger beach
-At least two new personality type villagers, and the ability to have 12 villagers
-More customization options when it comes to your mayor's appearance, like picking a skin tone
-An easier way of placing houses and PWPs, like maybe a grid comes up that shows where it can and can't go
-More space for saving designs on each character
-Maybe even the ability to play not as a human but as an animal, like a villager!
-Better dialogue between you and the villagers
Totally second the grid and the more diverse dialogues ideas. It turns boring at some point.

Such great ideas! And I SOOO agree with the ability to say "now or never" to villagers requesting visits. I end up writing the time and place on my hand so I don't forget lol.

Such great ideas! And I SOOO agree with the ability to say "now or never" to villagers requesting visits. I end up writing the time and place on my hand so I don't forget lol.

I kept forgetting about it that I started setting up an alarm on my phone haha.
But HHD had so many improvements: villager interactivity with objects, centering objects, putting stuff outside! Adding rooms, doors, gosh I would kill for some doors between rooms! Maybe an easier way to put PWPS instead of just kinda shimmying all over and hoping for the best. Oh and more interactivity with PWPS and it'll be great if you could rotate PWPS.

And hopefully! More varied dialog/extreme personalities (the sassiness should be amped up just a tiny bit), oof, can't tell you how many times Phil has pinged me about flowers and whether or not he is clueless or not. More flowers would be amazing too!

I would really like to see a bigger map. I'm pretty content with 10 villagers though. I just wish I had more space to work with, cause overtime you get used to your town and it starts feeling kinda small.

I also second blackroserandom's suggestion of more involved villagers. It's adorable how they interact with their environment. And the sass level could certainly be upped for certain personality types. The villagers in Population Growing had a lot of spunk and were very plain with how they felt. I think incorporating that into the already existing villager personalities would add a lot of diversity and make the game more entertaining.

For house placement, if they continue with the Mayor concept, I would like to be able to place the signs that signaled house placements, like in City Folk. Wherever a sign was, a villager could move in ~

Super ideas! And wouldn't it be great if you could also visit the shopping district when you dream. I would love to see how all these cool towns I visit set up their museum rooms.

It would be awesome if Animal Crossing Switch included Happy Home Designer elements, that would make your town completely customizable. A larger town map to work with, intuitive villager home placement options (villager reset trick is too time consuming) and the inclusion of exterior furniture outside of homes, like in HHD.

Honestly, if Nintendo just combined ACNL with HHD and then included all of the previous villagers along with the reintroduced Welcome Amiibo villagers and DLC villagers, I'd be content.

So much hype for the inevitably upcoming Animal Crossing game. <3

^ Ability to place the benches vertically for example.

I would also appreciate A LOT if they stop with the indestructible projects like the camping, etc. And let us to move our house. It's just that after a long time you want to change everything in your town like the theme or else, but you have to stick with that...

I'd love to see a vacation mode in the next game! It'd be so cool to go to a resort with a villager for a few days, and you could do activities and get resort-only items. And the villager that you take with you will get a huge boost in friendship and talking to them can sometimes trigger special memory dialogue like "Remember that trip? We had a blast!" That'd be soooo cool. xD

Hmm maybe have the option to build or work at a store of your choice and be rewarded with exclusive items, actually be able to save designs in the save slots and in your inventory without it erasing. Ehm more personalities and bigger map with more options to do and a variety of villager conversations! I think more but all I can think of right now

Good ideas, I too would like to have more involved villagers with more variety in their dialog, and a larger town. It feels so squished once you have a few PWP's in.

Something else which we are crying out for is the ability to do a back up save of our town, legitimately - so many hours we spend and if the save gets corrupted (& its not always the players fault) the town is gone.
The worrying thing I read about the Switch is it does not allow back up saves, the game saves to the Switch, (does it? I'm no techie) so if the Switch goes down, its possible to lose game progress (which has already happened to some Zelda players).
It needs to be sorted - seen the idea that a save could be made to the cloud - if Nintendo bring that ability in.

I've posted this on another thread but I'll post it here too:

The main thing I want to be changed is the graphics of the game: 3D trees, buildings etc; add animations like wind blowing the characters hair and rustling the leafs; making the building fit the scale of real life, so a massive, booming museum would look really grand; change the lighting to be more realistic, adding sun beams in certain angles, making the sunsets pink, orange and red hues magically pretty; adding reflections on the water; making the waves be bigger and smaller depending on the weather; adding new weather, someone on the forum requested wind, fog/mist, hail, heat waves, and I think there perfect examples which should be implemented into the game. These features (I personally think) would still keep the the Animal Crossing charm but just make the game more diverse and magical.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I would also like different personalities like shy etc.
I would like the villagers to upgrade their house after x amount of playing, max friendship level, x amount of favours and x amount of time the villager has lived in your town.
I would like to start the game as mayor with the town the size of Wild World then after x amount of days and x amount of pwps etc Isabelle asks if the town should be expanded. Then you have double space to build pwps on. You also gain room for 5 more villagers. You can do this up to 3 times with the villager count going up each time. But it costs a lot of money and time.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh also frount gardens and the ability for town hall etc to be spawned (when the map is created) to be side wards. Also the mayors house and your other playable characters houses can be placed side wards as well.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also each personalitys for villagers should be different. For example there is two different type of snootys, a really snooty personality like the GameCube version and a less snooty version. This will add diversity to the villagers and its personalitys.

Sorry I'm rambling I've just got so many ideas! :p

I want many of the previous games' features brought back. The dump in the gamecube game, Boondox from Wild World, the letters in a bottle feature also from Wild World, etc etc. There was something awesome and mysterious about finding those bottles on the beach with a random real message from someone in the world. Why would they ever scrap that?

I have way too many things to list aside from that, but basically, AC has so much potential if only Nintendo had the brains to think about it. Newer, better consoles allow for so much, even if only bigger maps and more PWPs. Different terrains would be epic. I once had a dream where I was walking around a desert terrain AC map. Imagine how much more unique our towns would feel with that little bit more customization.

Wow, I hope Nintendo reads these forum threads! There are some really super ideas here. Boy, taking a villager with you to the Isamd or going on vacation with one would be so neat! Love ALL these great suggestions!

I hadn't heard anything about a new game coming out for the switch. I will have to check that out.

Back