• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

That dish you tried once

Pad thai. I know a lot of people love it but when I tried it, it was one of those foods where the first few bites were okay but then continuing to eat it made me sick. So I brought it home to have it later, hoping maybe I'd enjoy it again. But it was even worse the next time I ate it. The smell and everything, I just didnt like.

I once bought a ready-made spaghetti bolognese meal. The sauce was absolutely revolting, it was a no-no for me. It's best to cook it yourself, homemade meals are so tasty and you have an idea of what's in them too ;)

Fish balls, as a kid. Why would anyone want chewy soft small balls in sauce that smells lady parts, uggh.

Most pre-packaged meals. I keep giving them a go and almost all are disgusting.

Most pre-packaged meals. I keep giving them a go and almost all are disgusting.

Yeah.. we have this frozen pretend quesadilla here that is just awful. Decided to try because that brand's mini pizzas are usually alright but that one was crap.

Also most instant ramen except spicy or oriental are kinda meh.

I tried natto yet I knew I probably wasn't gonna like it, ahaha.

I'm gonna try it again though, it's my motto to try something three times at least before deciding I don't like it.

It's not a dish but the only thing I could think of was eggnog. I love eggs but that drink is just too bizarre and unsettling to me.

Fish Sticks. They are terrible to me. :(
But I do like eating Fish with Tortillas, but Fish Sticks is terrible to me. D:

Last edited:
Fish. And mushrooms. Never again I don't care what people say I will never have ether in any form. That and pure unsweetened chocolate. Idk how anyone would enjoy that.

Oysters, I did not enjoy them at all, slimy and gross, the sauce doesn't help at all, actually made it kind of worse... and I learned that most of the time you're eating raw oysters they're actually alive. How fun! BLEGH

- - - Post Merge - - -

I tried natto yet I knew I probably wasn't gonna like it, ahaha.

I'm gonna try it again though, it's my motto to try something three times at least before deciding I don't like it.

This is a good plan, especially since your taste buds DO change, if you disliked something as a kid and try it again when you're older you can easily find something delicious. Also preparation is a big part of it too, like how people "hate" brussel sprouts because they were served to them boiled and sad with no seasoning, but they're actually really good when handled properly.

Venison. Ew.

I tried it off my dads plate the first time, and it tasted alright! (but then again things always taste better off someone else's plate XD)
Then i had it when we went again and it wasnt that nice at all. =/ So i wont be trying that again in a hurry!

I dont usually try new foods i very much stick to what i like and know

eggs. no matter how they're made. disgusting.

this.. i can really only eat raw eggs with like spaghetti and bolognese sauce.. i once tried a really soft-boiled egg at some easter gathering and i almost threw it up.. bad idea.

Back