What does yin/yang mean to you?

the balance of good and evil, there is some evil in good and there is some good in evil. i dont really know im pretty sure im completely wrong

Yin and yang as a philosophical concept to me (and I think the dictionary) represents the complementary and interconnected nature of apparently opposed forces, most significantly of "good" and "evil". It is a way of illustrating that those forces (ideas) are both linked and inescapable. One cannot exist without the other.

Yin and Yang are opposite qualities that represent much more than good and evil.

It's a philosophical standard that you may not have one thing without the other. The universe is always in balance and to do away with evil would be to also remove good. They also represent qualities of femininity and masculinity.
Most notably I think are the small spots within them. Despite being opposite, they carry qualities of each other within them. Yin may be the opposite of Yang, but Yang is still within Yin - and vice versa.

Its a very beautiful concept, but it can be quite frustrating ~

Life and death traits, good and evil. Without life, there is no death, without death, there is no life.

When someone dies, someone is born. And when someone is born, someone dies.

... I learned that from a horror movie called Final Destination. I love that quote, honestly. It somehow really just comforts me.

They are the complete opposites but without them everything will collapse.

To me it's a lot of things. The balance of masculine and feminine, dark and light, good and evil, and shows that all has a touch of its opposite within.

As said before, you can't have one half of a spectrum without the other, and there is no force that's 100% pure in this world.

There is a little good in evil, and a little evil in good. You can't have one without the other and nothing is intrinsically evil or good.

Back